... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

little death ;)



Wikipedia sez, “more widely, it can refer to the spiritual release that comes with it, or a short period of melancholy or transcendence, as a result of the expenditure of the "life force". A recent study of brain activation patterns using Positron Emission Tomography (PET) give some support to the experience of a small death.

"To some degree, the present results seem to be in accordance with this notion, because female orgasm is associated with decreased blood flow in the orbitofrontal cortex, a part of the brain that is crucial for behavioural control."

The term does not always apply to sexual experiences. It can also be used when some undesired thing has happened to a person and has affected them so much that 'a part of them dies inside'”

Indie Design and Arts Market, Spring/Summer Melbourne. Melbourne is where Rems is … jusz a trivia. Well, a little away from Arnold , Jeff and Jomat who are all based in Sydney. I hope they all come home and bring Jed and Arnil with them 2011 Alumni Homecoming :). I miss high school friends so much arrgghhhh :(

Going back, I came across Finders-keepers … my love and intrigue for things indie …

Written by a certain Ms Giula Sandler, and featuring eleven directors, it was described to be understandably eclectic. Not perfect. Yet ambitious. I suppose daring. It takes some amount of courage to have a title like that :).

I quote, unquote Brett Hamms’s article, “Entirely set in Melbourne, this collection has enough confidence in its storytelling to dispense with the forced and self-conscious Australianisms that risk trivialising many of our local films. This film admirably sets its sights on emotional universality rather than settling for the tempting safety of derivative localism. Though by no means ashamed of their Melburnian roots, these stories do not rely on their locale for their significance—a
somewhat refreshing rarity amongst Australian films.

— a beautifully dark little polyseme that should tell you something about the nature of this film. Intimate, bittersweet, occasionally cruel (but not without humour), A commendable compilation of loosely intertwined short films on the subjects of love, lust, sex and loss.

I regret not being able to see this film at all. (or may be, make me a little fungus-faced, and ask my good friend Arnold to get a copy for me.). Why not?

Just this afternoon aboard PR454 …. browsing a few leaves of my “closed to finish” EPL, Liz found a gorgeous Brazilian lover … a trunk all of 50 years. 50 a number better than 40, 35, 30, 34 when it comes to men. Sick due to over-sex hahahaha, Wayan’s terms … this chapter, officially made me a huge fan of the most crude, traditional, Balinese medicine ;) … or may be, I can be a healer myself hahaha, banana massages, banana water, shoot baby shoot …. Hahaah that funny feeling, and wet underpants …

While everyone was trying to get their afternoon nap on the cradle of this airbus, I was so envious of Liz' over-sex sickness hahahaha. And of course, Wayan’s healing powers extra-ordinaire.

Last week or may be a week before last week, I found Allen Vandever. Bok and I FB chatting about fairy sex. Etong si Weng, kung hindi astral sex, fairy sex hahahah.

She found some wilder ones … a little online research I found a great body of Vandever’s work. An artist form Chicago, a year younger than this writer ;)How do fairies do it?






“In this painting I’m dealing with mythology that I’m creating about Fairies for a graphic novel. This painting is depicting two fairies mating with two flowers. Have you ever wandered how fairies reproduce considering there are no male fairies? In my mythology flowers take the role in impregnating the female Fairy. They don’t just mate with one flower, they fly around all day collecting pollen from flowers. The flowers that are pollinated in the process makes the next years flowers more beautiful. It takes a whole year for a fairy to collect enough pollen to have a baby! It takes the pollen of two fairies to have offspring! You will have to wait to find out how this is done!”

That’s the Vandever’s theory. Here’s kyutnakyutnatootle’s, “ang mga diwata pag nakikipag-sex, natutulog lang.” Noni used to tell me that either to scare me, make me sad, insult me or even to encourage me to get laid (again) like human beings do.

I watched I am Sam with Sophie again. This may be the 3rd or 4th time I have seen this movie. I have my own DVD copy, tonight it was HBO’s. I dunno how I have missed it all those times. Phil Collins has his own version (two thumbs up!). Will Young, too (two thumbs din). But Ben Folds ... penetrating me to the bone.

“Sleep pretty darling do not cry . And I will sing a lullabye”
(My response to Nonito).

A metaphor for orgasm in French. French orgasm … lovely! My excitement over Liz Gilbert. May be the moon, too. The push and pull of the tide. Or jusz my period on its 3rd day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive