... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Sayin' Grace


I really think I've moved on from .... i still dine at Mary Grace's without slipping notes, recalling all the broken promises, waxing all that drama --- it's jusz me, my hectic sked and good food. Bliss.




... it's actually about the table.  I deliberately avoided the ones with the glass tops, you  know, those ones with the teeny weeny spaces, just enuff for you to squeeze in that brown stationery and all your emotional baggage written all over it screamin like everything just happened that night you discovered all their pedicured photos posted in Facebook Thanksgiving Day 2011.  That was massive dishonesty, I tell you.  Lesson I've taken all my life.  I was a totally different person after that. It was that war I went to ... and changed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive