... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Going Seven

I.


"Almost" is word that uhm could be, neither good nor bad, depending which side youre taking or wait until it reveals itself to you.

But this "Almost"  is a bad thing for me.  Two things, one, it's long overdue.  So "almost" is not an acceptable option!  Two, it's but hypothetical, matter of factly, impossible.  Yes that part, chorus, third line.





II*

Recorded history.  On the fifth year, it was always rosier,  Broken, but stitched to a quilt.  Always on the 5th year.  Like it was with Emer.  And Mark, then there was you.  May be, Arcee, after you.  Five years of my life taken away, all for the healing.  It was last year, and I was looking forward to see my ol' fragmented self  waiting to embrace that moment of sweet, quiet redemption.  But I was too condescending.  I miscalculated my capacity, and your impact.

Six years and counting.
The last and the fiercest need more time.
(I say this, putting some good words,  trying to be kind to myself.)







*this was last year.  i didn't post.  because i thought, I was way passed "Almost".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive