... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

acoustic version

the one thing i learned from mid-life
the one thing i have been saying all along
many valuable things in this life ain't free.
a degree in economics taught me of opportunity costs.
most needs, and wants and higher, loftier things
they come with a price.
and the price, that price ...
silly, silly, you don't give it away jusz like that.
i was with my cousz Carrots last Sunday
a few hours after taking her in
and help her get out of nasty
she's got two boys
a difficult but promising future
she deserves better, more, great.
in a really serious heart-to-heart talk
i cannot be a cheesy Ate ...
there should be firmness in reason and logic
otherwise reason and logic becomes futile.
she's only 30 ... jusz the age to welcome a good break
and trade-offs, too.
as i always tell mark emil,
"in my younger days, i have made really serious, bad turns
but hell, when your young (er), you have more room for that."
So I cautioned her, my cousz, 30 years of age w/two boys ...
(naughty but ohhh so cuteee and huggable)
i am happy to say that as of today
God me two not one but two little boys running around like craZy around my house
Sophie, our kasambahay and myself have our hands full :)
... this day will come, I know ...
you will find someone again, you know that freegin' fallin' in love of sort
... please please, this I ask of you
He should be deserving enough of you and the boys, no less.
To earn yours and Rusz' and Ian's love, trust and respect, no less.
Not only a lover and a Tito (a second fiddle)
but a partner, a man of the house, the pillar of the three of you.
Having said that, ergo,
you have to be worthy of that second chance
and yes, too ... more, too
the second chance
should be worthy
of the woman, of the people, of the life
that you are and you live.

And my last hurrah ...
"ang kailangan talaga, maayos
kung hindi naman, hwag na lang
kahit na, kahit pa
gaano mo pa sya kagusto."

(Pwede naman isulat lang ang lahat.)

I am such a believer of meritocracy.
You deserve better, more, greater (no less)..
You have to tell that to yourself each time
that's the only chance you've got
to end the vicious cycle of a sloppy life.

Second shots are priceless
we All have to be worthy of that.

No waste.

Cousz, Ate is working hard on that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive