... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Monday, January 30, 2012

my love affair with books



Fin’lly, giving up on David Nicholls’ novel amout Ems and Dex. Two days ago, it finally found its burial ground. In between Angeles Mastretta (Dianini's "no occasion" gift to me) and a pyramid of my growing collection.

In the bus tonyte, I started catching up with Jules and Bryce … scanning the pages of Flipped, after parking it to give way for something Brit. Realizing that so far only Helen Fielding’s humor made me LMAO on the floor via Bridget Jone’s Diary, and my idolatry of Joanne Harris is because her mom’s French ;), Esquivel is Mehicana, McCourt Irish, Kundera is Czech, while Robert James Waller and Lizses Forscyte Hailey and Gilbert are definitely Americans, Master Paulo Coelho is from Brazil.

I still gonna watch the film, though .. . wont miss Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess for the world :) … EMD kiddows gave good raves, given their open biases on K-Pop … I’m taking their seal approval for this one.

Excuse me for my French, but, in its written form at closed to a thousand bucks … I waited for the climax … or may be some punch lines and of course those hard hitting one-liners here and there … never got there really. Nah …

A book that doesn’t bring your senses to another level and dimension and eventually fails to live up to its promise as usually explicitly mention in the introduction and at the back cover with all the blah blah blah blah … is like a bad relationship. Looks appealing in the beginning, engaging in a few months, but that’s it, that’s all. That kinda book makes you wanna sue the publisher for the short change, that kinda relationship leaves a bad after taste.

I’ve got Rebie’s pink little teddy :) in between the pages, my name scribbled on it … I was a little done with Bryce … Julianna’s turn … fascinating girl.

BTW, Wendelin Van Draanen’s from Chicago :)

I’m still hoping, like Interview with A Vampire. Chocolat and Like Water for Chocolate, in pages and in film, equally commendable, this Flipped.

This one’s look like a salad bowl to me … but di ba, I’m a writer with no rules …

I don’t a give shit, I suffocate from structures …

Nobody can stop me from sharing my favorite lines … I’ve got two … (LOL)

Chet Duncan on that Baker girl telling his grandson, that Loski boy … “Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss; but every once in a while, you find someone who's iridescent, and once you do, nothing will ever compare.”

and that blue eyed boy with hair that smells like watermelon … Bryce. After flipping, now no more Juli, and jusz left talking to his silly self …

“The way she ignore me was a constant reminder that I've been a jerk.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive