... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

a little nostalgia, and Indie OD



Me to Dognuts ... remember this? ... we watched this kina Arlene sa Fendler :) ... medyo dyahe kasi andun pa lolo and lola and tita of Arlene :). So there, some 25 years later, I named my girl after that adorable teenage French actress, Sophie Marceau. Hummm jusz getting a bit sentimental, and a little vintage. Tamang magpo-40 lang ;)

so I wanted more reminiscin … how about a different ending for Blain-Andie-and Duckie … the novel offered a different twist … I swear to grab a copy of the book and the film , they must be there somewhere collecting dust and cobwebs … just curious on the other side of possibility. This is what I miss about Beijing … the variety, and availability of rarity. Sana naman may mag Beijing ... sana naman.

My favorite lines, as usual, are the ones that sounded like … hummm what are those … teardrops?



Again, again, I was sleeping the whole time Friday. Thank God for creating holidays! The day after the Launch, I deserve all the time away from work.

I had a disturbing after lunch REM. Nope, I didn’t wake up teary-eyed. I woke up sobbing. I saw it breaking down before my very eyes. No way it could be put together again. What we had. And largely, it was my fault. I broke it. Those tears were all about that.

That dream was a quick brush with my conscience.

This song crossed my mind twice this week. I dunno why. May be it was all about that. The song, the dream. I remember the good times. I thank God for the good times.

One time I thought I heard that this was playing. "... that used to be our song," i whispered to myself.



This weekend was a buffet of international festival films ... Sundance, Palm Springs. Prayers for Bobby made me cry, but Mediterranean Food was spicy hot … “every couple is different … and It will be Monday" ;-) … I’m always a big fan of European films, there’s something about them … French and Spanish especially. I super adore European setting. I was in Europe only once in my life, I fell in love with it the first time I was there. It really felt like the movies. Not to mention I was flying Lufthansa :)

And Bobby … there again the hypocrisy of religiosity. The greatness of parental love getting over-powered by ignorance. I’m a modern day open-minded mother, it was easy for me explaining the intricacies of homosexuality, deviant behavior, and social norms of Prayers for Bobby … but it was such a relief that Sophie was at the sala watching PBB while I got really engrossed with Dieta Mediterranea. Too much sex is a bit awkward to justify especially when the adult kinda agrees with it hahaha whewwww that was a challenge ... my daughter and I we were just a wall and a door apart.

Earlier today, I missed my OB again ... so may be next week, on a Friday may be. My internist was there so I rolled. I needed some tests, you know the usual routine tests, for my bone spur. He gave me 2 months prescription for my neuropathic whatever. All before this, Sophie and I were watching Adam ... i fell asleep ... and this song woke me up ...



I got really busy this week so very little time to go online and talk to friends. Each time I open my FB, I get a handful of really sweet messages from old friends. They smell it in their air. Their gypsy friend will be 40 soon. Bok nd Gigi urging me to free my time for a swimming party.

I got a surprise message from my grade school friend, Heids. We were schoolmates, classmates, seatmates … even when she’s B as in Bundang and me V as in Vanta, we always managed to put our seats close to each other. She said she kinda stop being juvenile.I dunno if that was meant to be good or bad. But I told her in all honesty … that I am a 40-year old juvenile delinquent hahaha. My life fascinates her … my life’s a cheesecake … it leave’s an aftertaste always ;-)

I get to see her updates. She’s got two lovely, really smart girls. Well, Heids and Joel were always part of the top brass in school so what do you expect.

Speaking of little girls, Sophie’s doing some writings lately. I kinda like that. That’s a good sign. She actually made me read her work. It was a very honest work. Good job! Good job!

This week, too, we got our last shot for cervical cancer vaccine. We had one expensive lunch just across our office, and went straight to SMX for ingress. Very rare I take her to work but she wanted to see some artistas during rehearsals. Good thing they were late. Showbiz people are not the ideal kind of people for kids who look up to role models and who are kinda still trap in hero worshipping.

Finally it’s over. GMA Trade Launch … my 2nd. That was absolutely PATHETIC! The only best thing that happened was Myk’s and Faye’s successful gatecrashing hahahah c/o me … and a little catching up with the very ngarag Nettchii at the backstage and at MOA’s Pier 1 … at 2:00 AM in then morning whewww

Parang graduation lang ni Sophie hahahah …. And me the usual stage mom taking pictures of Mykee and MyFayeFaye with their choiced Kapuso stars hhahaha Gosh, pahiya hiya pa ganun din naman … hanggang backstage susme. Myk’s heart getting so divided and envious of Nettchii doing production work. Magwayen blood flowing in his veins. Showbiz is his dream job.

This will make him famous. A photo spread at FB. Faye is so kulit and eggcited na to see all the pics from that night. Kaloka! Pati Panday Kids hindi pinatawad hahah. Mike Enriquez, too. At si Jewel Mishe … my God … at si Zsa Zsa Padilla … my God talaga walang kupas ang katangahan ko sa artistang Pinoy. I am really a misfit in this job hahaha

And how about that nice guy with the pink lips …basta now, I am a certified Jay R fun, lucky girl that Krissa Mae huh. Amboys are hot guys … hummm Kris Lawrence! (so now, I must admit missing that Amboy dude from NYC :( ... )

CITEM friends when they learned I was just nearby hahahah just started to make plans. Ingress get aways and drop-offs. Gigi offered CITEM for my quick shower hahah sabi ko nga, we’re staying at Networld, just across CITEM, hindi ko nga pinuntahan man lang ang Networld … I declined nicely my friend’s invitation. What for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive