... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Happy Uterus"

"our uterus has emotions :)
its natural fauna includes those bacteria
sometimes if leads to that."
These were the words of my Obstetrician/Gynecologist.

The result of my pap smear was out since last Thursday. I had to call the clinic to excuse myself for the check-up. I was busy preparing for 2 mall tours which fortunately did not require my physical presence anymore :) So i spent the entire long weekend at home resting with my daughter.

Today, I received God's blessings. My OB was very happy to relay the good news to me. (She was a senior OB Gyne, and was my OB for the last 5 years. She has been in the profession for a while. She has seen it all. She was just as happy to give me a clean bill). I was negative for malignant cells. :)

I have a very common condition. In fact, more than half of all women may develop this at some point in their adult lives. Risk factors include starting intercourse at an early age, high-risk sexual behaviors, a history of sexually transmitted diseases, and having multiple sex partners.

Today, I begun treatment. I have to see her after the first round of medication. Hopefully, the inflammation has subsided by that time, and any internal bleeding has ceased.

An OB's clinic is a repository of your deepest, dirtiest secrets. Past and present. Sexual activities, preferences, practices. Child births, still births, abortions (spontaneous or otherwise), illnesses especially when sexually transmitted. I promise to be really really nice to Dra. Virata :) all my life.

So now lemme go back to that "emotional cervix" :) ... in context it only means that i have to keep it in good shape so no amount of bacteria, natural or otherwise, can bring it down. :)

I was a little shy to ask. But i still did ask :) ... me ... pregnant ... again ... why not ... who knows.

These were my OB's words (seconded by her charmingly katekatera assistant) ...

"It's been 5 years since your last contact, you don't even have a partner. First things first. You know what to do next. And to answer your question, Oo naman."

I got home by 1 o'clock. Had lunch solo. Hit the shower for the 3rd time. Turned on the airconditioning. Asked my little girl to cuddle me and bring mommy to sleep. I thanked God just before i hit slumber. It was such a peaceful afternoon nap.

I am God's favorite child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive