... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Salamat Po

So many wonderful things, big and small, trivial and important to be thankful of. This week.

1) First round of blood test was A-OK. Second round is in my prayer list. Officially, today, Dr. Jason declared my “lifelong” medication. And because of that, God blessed me with a year-round of medical benefits from my office. :) God already made provisions, two years before I needed it. God’s faithfulness is so immeasurable indeed.

I have new prescription for painkillers ... I hope it works. Duhhhhh, it's been like 2 hours since I've taken it ... there's no effect ... early stage ... gimme that morphine! :)

2) Having said that, I know, too that I wasn’t really a good girl this November :(. The flesh has been weak, I succumbed from time to time. If it’s a disease, its recurring. If it’s an addiction, it’s relapse. :(

But certainly, always better that my past life. Better is a good word. Meaning this gYpsy has leveled up. :)

3) Been a little helpful with friends who badly needed help. It’s almost Christmas, I don’t like to see broken hearts splattered all over my doorstep or empty tables and penniless pockets. My mother’s generosity, of emotions and otherwise, runs in my veins. Sometimes it hard. But that’s a better predicament than the other way around.

To Moda, Jen, Ellen, Paweng Allan and Thelms … every morning, during my Quiet Time, I seek for God’s comforting hands to be placed upon you.

I thank God for giving me a capable hand and a willing heart to help. I thank God for being powerful and faithful to take care of all of us, all at the same time, all the time.

Isn’t that great?!

4) My vacation’s all set. All ironed-out since last week. In fact, I was offered an extension until early January 2011. I begged off. In fact, I offered to take an event outside Metro Manila. Somewhere farflung. Month long. Or may be, I can just disappear from the face of the earth like a melted salt. And come back to life, a different person (again).

5) After a succession of events for the last two months, this week, I was back to migrating my albums from Friendster to Facebook. My target date remains the same, closed and gone, by 31st of December 2010. :(

FB is rolling out its new profile … I just got it yesterday, this platform is just way too fast for me, hard to cope … so I PMed Ronnie a message, me in panic mode ….

SUBJECT: helpppppp
ronsssss, bakit ganun sa new profile ng FB, I cant find na my old postings of youtube videos, dati nasa link lang yun eh boohoo ... help


(gee wiz … am still one hell of a uselesz hag!)

If there's anything good at this roll-out ... a not-so-new- pic from MyFF ... MFI April 2010, her last :( ... a picture taken by her ... of her Ate Nena's Kuya Tintoy, "and poging si Sir Mark :)" hala ...





:(



6) Today, Saturday, bonding shopping with my girl. Too many new pair of shoes already, so this morning I got her K-Pop ;) something from Von Dutch. Got a little something na din for Bujon and Tita Marie, Soph’s Kris Kringle, Bossing’s :), Ms DDJ and MCT ;). I particularly like my gift for Ms Marl. I planned to get one for myself, too … keeping my fingers crossed, hoping the price will still go down :)

We had lunch at Chef d’Angelo. We were like over-fed pork chops hahaha

I remember one time at the resto, Rob Manila … good old peaceful days … back then when it was still a secret … (sigh sigh sigh) ... Ellen's right, I should not have admitted my feelings, and let this heart die in privacy rather than amongst a den of lions feasting on my poor, helpless cardiac muscle. Darnnnnnnn!

7) Speaking of shopping and Christmas, I think am almost done with my list. For nephs, cousz (except Frankie), Bok, Anakish, MyPiayaya, MyFayeFaye, Mawes, Jen (except the girls and the boy), I ordered pa (from GMA’s Coop) for Mykee’s and Ronnie’s, inaanaks (konti lang naman), and Soph’s ……….. as planned and agreed with her Dad, starting when she turned 13, all our gifts to her will be some sort of an investment also. On her last birthday (13th), we gave her a pair of two-toned (white gold and gold-gold) butterfly (my favorite!) earrings (which I am wearing right now hehehe … I mean … all the time). This Christmas, we got her a bit expensive necklace and pendant (4-clover leaf, rare huh) in pure white gold :).

So may be next week, after the December bonus, I can complete my list, and do some shopping for myself :). Like Nenuco cologne is getting elusive these days. Am trying Landmark Trinoma on Monday. Me not giving up. Nah … not me! And my garden set. Another couch. Wii ... hummmm

8) So what was my treat for myself this week? Uhmmmm, am currently wearing rose painted toes on a freshly scrubbed, blushing pair of heels, my locks on V cut again, my brows neatly trimmed, and I’ve got bewitched on my face ;)

I have a really good discovery. A pair of baby pink Wake Crocs, expensive but worth it. My feet have been a killer lately, my Crocs been very very helpful these days. Uhhhmmm whatelse, for a bargain price, I got a pair (last pair @ Landmark Trinoma), of this really cutesy bitsy cork wedge … in purple!

So Monday, am coming back there hopefully for a bottle of Nenuco and my really nice digital art nails ;) (too bad there was none in MOA, I wanted for Sophie and I to spend some time in a nail spa, but I prefer computerized than manual … so it’s jusz gonna be mommy for the meantime. So this mommy is super eggcited about Monday)!

9) Ooopppsss, am done with Margaret(cute read tat waz) … Now I know better why Sophie was very much into this one. It was very much like us. We're jusz a little upgradely dysfunctional, placed by God, and thriving :) in a very pretentious society that is.

Saturday morning on the way to SM MOA, I started with Kate Allenbaugh’s Chocolate for a Woman’s Heart … “77 Stories of Inspiration to Life Your Heart and Sooth Your Soul” …

10) … and I’ve got a lovely spread of butterflies on my bed. Here …














*This Friday was overspent at the hospital. Bok left for Bicol for her mother-in-law :(. I have a Liquidation Report to get going. And a really tired body that needed honest-to-goodness rest.

So I had to excuse myself this last Friday, from MyPiayaya and the rest of my crew. I couldn’t even promise coming Wednesday, EMD’s party (lousy as it may be, I belong to that boot camp now … so ….). Doctor Jason needs me back very urgently for the second round, so ….

How about this coming Friday, last Friday before Christmas eve? A tower of blue margarita, and I bet, loads and loads of kwento about the now famous CITEM’s Christmas Parteeehhhh.

17th December. Ahuh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive