... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Life's simple joys

This week was just outright work mode. From Monday to Saturday. From 8 o'clock in the morning until God knows when :(

I got tired and pissed. So negative. I decide not to dwell on it.

Having most of my time of the week breakin' my back, it must be wise to recall precious moments no matter how few they were.

Am sure as I go through this exercise this very afternoon, I'd expect seratonin rush :)

1) As simple as finding youtube downloader :), and successfully downloading it in our desktop. Sophie was really happy about that. Especially after lime and frost went haywire.

2) Pizza Hut Thursday with Fayie. Little Neng. and family, and friends so happy with her first media coverage hehe ... here



3) Sophie doing her PE project ... dancing ballroom. She practiced with Tom every Saturday. From morning until the afternoon. Obviously, with her screaming classmate fans, it paid her really well.

It can't be seen but she was actually wearing her Hello Kitty shoes :)



3) Remy's getting married. In Melbourne with her Filipino boyfriend. Me and Rems, we come along way. We have known each other since grade school at KES. We went to the same high school, where we got really close along with DOGNUTS. We used to walk each other home since we lived practically in one stretch of a big neighborhood. Among my friends, siya yung pinaka selosa heheheh. I remember her getting sensitive each time I failed to walk with her for home. Tambayan ng DOGNUTS mga bahay bahay namin. Including their big house in Brgy. Pag-Asa. Tatay Asyong was the first to go among our living/surviving parents then (we never actually met Nanat's mama as she passed in Nat's early childhood days). She and Jomat had a big big crush on RS, Jr. Freshman year, he was senior. I was their mole. She tried to play badminton, joined try-outs because of him. Parang ako, when I didn't know anything about table tennis, I joined a try-out without anything, only because of this really cute guy, Emmanuel Fordan. I was an early starter with boys. She had her time. We both fall in love hard, like hitting faces over cement wall :( Kaya lang, me bihira ako magka-crush, sila ni Jomat masyadong ma-crush. Lahat na lang ng pogi sa Jackson crush nila hahah Rems was a promising cook way back high school. I remember her winning "kare-kareng" something hahahah talk about exotic food just for the grades. She was hardcore INC. So there the famous Felipe story heheh. We went to Manila for a taste of university life, went back to Gapo and got our diplomas. Pinatubo and we went back to our hometown. She in Gen. Trias, me in Tanza. He met his daughter's father in between our hometown escapades. We were both starting a career when she got pregnant. I remember that scene perfectly in my head, she was all so broke when she moved in with Boggs. I brought her to the town's hospital for her frog test. Her hands were sweaty (as they usually are), I was frantic smoking just outside the hospital. I was thinking patay kami kay Nanay. Result was out, that fast, that brief. POSITIVE! Jhana Katrina's sweet sixteen. She's got her dad's charm. Her mom's brains. Hay salamat naman haha Mother and daughter are my FB friends, Jhana a blogger herself.


Summer on our Freshman year in college. Spending my birthday with Remy and our high school friends (from me, L to R ... Jeff, Nikki, Jomat, Arlene, Allan, Nanat, Remy in the middle on stripes :) )


She had several relationships after Boggs (which all failed obviously), true, what they say, you have to kisz several toads, to get your prince!

Best wishes Rems. God bless you in your new endeavor. Give my hugs to Jhana. I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive