... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Smash!

The recently concluded week we celebrated Sophie’s 14th birthday. I was granted 2 days off from work and played mother hen. Her new media player has overtaken her easily :) . She said her thanks and gave a hug and a kiss each for mom and dad.

The break of March. Something about it. Jen suspects my ovulation. I kept mum, and played innocent. I just stopped counting.

Me sharing a friend’s thoughtfulness. Words like these is like waking up with sweet sunshine right above your bed, so who cares about bad dreams and stormy nights.

"We all have our darkest moment in our past ... But they all have passed; it's time to move on. Let's treasure that we have today, at this moment -- the place and the company/colleagues who "tolerate" us (he he he), the breath that sustains us, the possessions we have. The "good fortune" that allowed us to reach where we want to go, and most of all, the Divine Providence who lets all these wonderful things happen. Kissssseessssssssss!!!! No good thing ever happens to those who neglect our love: they suffer the same fate, and worse - they take a far longer time to recover. Damaged goods aren't we all? Kaso, we are of a recyclable type: some old parts, remain, yes, but it adequately complements the newness within us. Enjoy the new day today!

You are loved and well-thought of by those who really prize you, your presence, your friendship, your warm company, the wise words you so generously share ... Never make a second look at those who used you. Specks, that's what they are, they may even blind the eye, yes, but they cannot crush the soul that makes you ... ESPESYAL. Mwah!!!"


♥ ♥ ♥

This shaker shakin' her way out of the box (and tat one really feels good ei!)

Writing is therapeutic but kinda laidback. Sometimes it’s purely brain activity. Very limited motor skills is involved. No good for someone with hypothyroidsm and pre-diabetes. I started with simple poems in grade school and graduated slowly to more serious topics as I grow my accomplishments and my frustrations in my adult years.

I think most writers are voracious readers. They come hand in hand. We kinda draw inspiration from the success of other writers. So we read about the stories they have put together, get enthusiastic with the way they develop their characters, get really starry-eyed with their style of writing, and challenged by their type of work.. My own library is growing, from my first Milan Kundera and Anne Rice, to my all time faves by Laura Esquivel, Joanne Harris, Frank McCourt, Robert James Waller, now Elizabeth Gilbert. A good book is my out-of-pocket lemon :). For that reason, I never go out without my current read. I take the bus with it. Go to bed with it. I am steady in queau at my doctor’s clinic with it. I bring it with me in my designated precinct during elections. Anytime I know there’s a time to kill. My book is my weapon.

Music is all the rhythm of beautiful words put together. I have been such a fan even at a young age. From radio to MTV days. Today I have an extensive genre, it comes with age, as we move form one era to another. My books , my paradise, I have a garden of songs, too. :)

My online life. Me a citizen of this worldwide highway. I acquired my first dial-up 11 years ago. Now its wireless broadband. I keep in touch with important people in my life ;), especially those I don’t get to see day to day, here in my online journal and Facebook.

Just when I thought I had enough busy life to keep steady with. ADHD makes me restless. :) I still want to challenge myself on how to keep myself interested with myself ;). I have plans to getting into the academe,travel with my daughter and with myself, separately, take guitar lessons and cooking lessons, get into sports and try fun run with Sophie together with CITEM titos and titas. I don’t wanna die of boredom. I don’t wanna get caught wearing it. I don’t want to kill myself with it.

This weekend was my first day. I survived that hour with little collateral damage haha. I got home, ate a “growing girl” lunch hahah, hit the shower, hit the bed. I woke up at 4 0’clock in the afternoon. After my strenuous morning, I am back to my usual cerebral hobby. Here.

And yes sir, badminton makes you crave for manggang hilaw and bagoong. So weird me ;)

Thanks to Ogie, my trainor. For his patience to this 41 year old lazy bone. In an hour, he was able to correct my wrist and made this old hag run, from left to right side of my half court. It was so inspiring for me that I was able to convince Sophie for a summer clinic that will start April 16. Who knows, one day, mother and daughter, will start taking the circuit ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive