... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Life re-starts at 41

Hexagram 40

TAKING APART
Freedom is to be innocent.
Guilt is the most massive prison wall there is. It makes you do, think and be what others prescribe.
If you think yourself something should be done, then do it. If not, then don’t – and don’t let anyone point at you and make a feeling of guilt in you. And never do that yourself. Making guilt is a crime against life.
Stay free and leave free.

Old bad habits are to die for errrr I mean, hard to die … meaning. can’t wont go away just like that. May be because, we do them in routine practice as such they are not acquired overnight but a prolong period of time in strictly conventional set of procedure. Old bad habits is part of a complex tradition of one’s being. It becomes us. It is us. A criss-crossing cobwebs, an embodiment of life lived in addiction. :)

Like (1) my innate stubbornness. (2) My wicked twin sister who goes by the name Bad Temper. (3) I fall out. I drop 'em. I leave. (4) The scoresheet like sweet peach in my pocket … nah, I don’t write ‘em in water, I’ve got your records of wrong neatly tucked in my sleeves. I honor my word, and (5) don’t forget offenses and misdeeds. I am like a child innocent with a knife. I thirst for your blood, (6) I am vindictive. I make mistakes, too. (7) I won’t easily forgive you. I don’t forget.

Like that (1) big house with a big swimming pool for my mother. (2) A good quiet, non-combatant life in UP. (3) Six kids and a happy marrried life. (4) A satiable hunger for “Church”. (5) Sobriety and a clean pair of lungs  (6) the pinkiest of health. And that wishing, and mushing, and gnashing that (7) it did not happen at all amongst us. (8) BabyDanes™.

And dreams, one thing I have learned about them. Sometimes you get closer to them. Sometimes not at all. Sometimes they get to you but only in a totally different package. You may not have it all in fact, you risk to have none of it at all. But at the end of the zip line, it’s not a bad dream after all. It’s a good dream anyway. :) No need for a bungee jump! I always wake up. My feet secured on the ground. I still can do moonwalkin’ … Roger Rabbit waitin’ …

I recognize my flaws. I always try to correct them or fight them back (many times I'm not successful, many times it's short-lived.)

I love my dreams. They keep me insane, and grounded, too.
For whatever they are, that’s what they are for. Can you imagine a life without them? How then would have I known the difference between the perfect and the imperfect. Between hope and despair.

Hexagram 41

DIMINISHING
This is all.
Get rid of all conditioning and forms. You think you need them for being present in the world, for being visible, being you. But what they do is hiding you. They hide your soul, your essence, your creativity, and they can even destroy all this.
If you dare to be your naked self, you will be amazed how great and rich it is. Diminishing is augmenting. Only an empty cauldron can receive others and blessings.
Let go in order to find.

Who said, you're entitled only to one re-booth ... this journey continues.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.220649684615030.70723.100000099992542&l=e18271e5e3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive