... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Sophie's heirlooms

 Some long overdue postings.

Last month, I turned my daughter's room upside down for some major general cleaning.  My penchant for old things ... my talent to safekeep, to document, to archive.   From a trunk of memoirs  i unearthed her sweet gentle days as a baby ...  reminiscin ... 

My pre-natal booklet and her baby record books.   In my attempt to keep both of us in the pinkiest  of health.





This 6 month old chick featured in Baby Magazine September 1997 issue.  Me a proud stage momma LOL





Her first set of tooth bristles:) ... When her first sprouts of  milk teeth started showing up ... I brought her to a pedodontics ... well hehehe me the of kind of obssessive compulsive mom who brings her child to a dentist every 6 months, those regular visits lasted all throughout grade school.  A bit expensive and taxing but worth it.  Sophie's got perfect set of teeth.  Never had toothache.  Never lost one after baby teeth days.  And above all, never afraid of dentists.  So proud of my little girl.  I may be OC, but I think i did a good job here :)  



Mommy the archeologist ... baby's milk teeth catalogued ;)



Her first ballet slippers she wore during class @ St. Paul's, she later continued @ Le Danz :)




Birthday favors ordered from Papemelroti.  Teeny bitsy weeny ring holders in blues and pinks.  Sophie celebrated her "mini debut 7th birthday party" @ Kids at Work, SM City Bacoor.







Top view with my pearl ring inside :)



 Those days ... my daughter, my mama, myself.   My daughter's turning 16 this coming March.  Mama's been gone for  almost 7 years.  When I look at these little things, no longer mundane and mere objects,  it gives a whole lot of meaning, memories of people, events and affection.  

Merry Christmas.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive