... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

(s)Mothering

t'was mother's day.  my daughter bought me "i love you, mom" doughtnuts.  her little cousin steph was so hungry,  and they were so cute (and edible).   so irresistible for a 7 year old. :)

and then, she made this ...  an altar for mom. :)




... and me the orphan :( ... another Mother's day without mama.  Seasons like this, the vacuum is heightened.  The void colder.  And that pit, deeper and darker.  A empty space in your heart that's only meant for mothers.

This one I made for mama knowing she super adores her  one and only apo.  My mother kept this on her  cabinet until the day of her passing.  It now belongs to Sophie, my daughter,  an heirloom from Lola Miles.

*** and timely, a few days before this special day, me and Tesang, as another friend seriously contemplates on divorce, briefly, on separation and children and it brought me back to that time ...

Marites Biteranta Windsor ...(did you get my last PM? I'm sure you got your hands full again with your sweeties ... niweyz ... you know the many ishtupid things your friend did for love ... so I researched LOL and I read ... and read ... and read ... I thought for better understanding (but that was just an excuse) rather I wanted affirmation of what I already know was the right thing to do as I have decided in the past and still is now. I questioned my own uprightness! So ironic, to need approval for what is right. Shame on me!

Her name was Nora, from Egypt, and this was his* answer to her: 

"Later, as adult children of parents who were separated, they can draw on a model that says you don't have to go down with a sinking ship. Their parents didn't unravel the family by separating. Rather, they separated because the family had already unraveled.

Would you want your daughter or son to stay in a chronically unhappy marriage? Then be careful what you model.

I would say try to be happy yourself. Kids should be happy and feel secured with the happy parents. I hope you find a way to be happy, married or divorced.

So should you stay together for the kids? It depends on how high-conflict your marriage is, how unhappy you are, and whether or not you can fix these things.

Being happy is the best thing you could do for your kids."

*Neill Squared

***Sharing this for its truest worth. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive