... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Finding Gabrielle

She reminds me of Randy Crawford ... i both adore their kind of classy and quiet R & B (not these days loud, messy and cursin R & B hump) ... but more than that I love the jazz and all that in their music ...

Mid 1990's, those days we partied hard in CITEM.  I was single and in the club scene ;) ...     Rich and I we  used to Indian dance on  Dreams.  That was my first encounter of her.  Syempre wala sa Pilipinas yung CD.  
 ... Fast forward and I couldn't get over her music ... I was a young wife and mother, my daughter barely 2 yrs old ... I was travelling in the US ... so there right after the trade show in Vegas, I flew to Oregon visiting my aunt for the first time.  I was scrimping on my dollar so I went shopping at Goodwill ... there she was by the Cashier stacked in between piles of what have you --- a Pre loved original :) at a bargain price.

I brought it home of course.  Nonito borrowed it from me to get a (pirated) copy lol ... I never got it back (sobsssss) ... this lazy afternoon in the office ... me having a bad hair day ... and so badly needing some urgent shopping therapy ....  she belted out from my newly resurrected ipod ...  I came home still in a trance ... wishing back those happy days ... 


Dreams


I wish


Find your way


Second Chance


And close to 15 years or more, finding some of the tracks in remix argggghhhh ... i still prefer the original tempo (plus am not really a big fan of remix(es), I'd even choose mashups over Remix) ... unfortunately I couldn't find em online.  Gabrielle is such a gift, I wanna share her talent here, and dedicate a humble amount of space here in this little Gypsy's life :)      

We don't  talk anymore



Because of you


.... in between a 1993 interview and introduction ... a shade of Because of you live ... closest to the original track in the CD version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive