... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Finding her niche

The middle class syndrome.  The lack of enterprising spirit. A full embrace of employment.  Brain drains.  Pension money.  Retirement uncertainties.  I was raised in that generation.  The height of comfort zones.  

My time is modern day parenting.  There is technology, system and best practices, re-engineering,  more openness, more independence, less of spoon feeding, but none of those sugar coated spoons.  I am not a tiger mom but I practice tough love.

My moral authority kinda falls short in areas of fiscal management J. I was born extravagant, and I actually sincerely plan to die fashionably with it.  I’m a bad example with money but my gifts are different, my skill sets, too.  God perfectly knows how to temper my shortcomings. I yield.

And just may be what she lacks in some other things (from a parent's point of view), this may be her place under the sun, where she commensurates or may be reach much greater heights.

This mom proudly shares the fruit of her daughter's labor. Sophie’sown bank account from her online gig, Sophie Enchanted




WATCH OUT SOON:  Some make-up brands from the US ;-) ... Mom's actually trying on her first box by September 11, of primers and glitters.
jusz gettin a lil obsessed with my brows.  splurgin' on colors, highlights, mascara and visits to  upscale brow bar.  This base will somehow help set the drama ;)



about 2 decades ago, i thought Mac had that tiny pink mascara you can actually use to accentuate the tippest of your lashes.  i was desperate in Rustan's, and it was frustrating.  Panyong and I we were trying to date (LOL trying to date haha), and so I wanted to show off.  I settled for a fiercely red Mac lippy instead.  oh well Panyong and I went pfffttt  ... and I still insist to get something purple and shimmering right at the edge of my lashes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive