... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Health Buffy-ish



Okay, what`s gotten into me,    Like caving in to my cravings, making myself well, some "witchcraft" and my daughter's travel job interview, Visa preps and itinerary.

Aside from my own self-centered vanity, my current obsession on healthier options, lyke anything natural and "organic".  I used to ignore my ex-boss, lifelong friend and mentor, RTK's lecture on this, during (extended) lunch breaks, CITEM days.  I was in Chicago one time and hands down, I chose Victoria Secret over "organic stores".  Only to find myself now relentlessly searching for organic hair shampoos and conditioners, body scrubs, facial soaps, laundry and kitchen cleaning products, and yes, even our daily staples (lemon water and okra water, brown or black rice, preferably black --- highly recommended by my younger cousz Lem) and food supplements (Usana's Essentials, Active Calcium, Proflavano alternatively with Hepacil),  This "infatuation" I share with one of my office babies, our pretty muse, Joshue.

So what's in my "health buff" stash these days ...

1)  An additional step to my "hands on" processes LOL, ---- dry brushing.  I got myself  that long body brush with soft bristles from Watsons @P75 bucks only (at the Beauty Bar with a little name on it ,,, its almost P500 so must say I got myself a good deal here hehe),    When I was still researching about this/convincing myself about dry body brush ups ... they say body brushes got to be long and wooden with some natural bristles but the thing is wood and water can be slimy later in the day :) so I opted for a brush with long plastic handle with soft bristles,  After using it, I use a baby shampoo for cleaning,

2) Milk Bath Soap from Ilog Maria (http://www.ilogmaria.com).  Well, I've tried everything from Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash to Eucerin Calming Body Wash to deal with psoriasis, a skin condition which i suffer from since I was a child, and my skin getting more and more sensitive as I age (also because, my immune system getting weaker each time.  So it was indeed a blessing to come across Ilog Maria (an organic, "honey-based" shop in Silang, Cavite (next town after my town actually).  I used to buy stuff from Ilog Maria only for vanity reasons not until I got to know more (and try) their products.  Ilog Maria does not mass produce but you can buy online.  As such, it takes a little planning (logistics and financial) to make sure I have enough supply of bath salt (and now all their other soaps for me and my daughter) in my closet,  And oh, it comes with lavander oil, it's a bonus.

3)   Dilmah Blueberry Tea.  Not being a tea-drinker, the only flavor i like was peppermint.  Now, peppermint comes second to tadahhhh blueberry,  It was jusz out of curiosity when I decided to try it from Auntie Anne's (my daughter's and mine, too ... fave pretzel foodie resto),  It sells a whooping P70 bucks for a teeny weeny tea bag.  Thank God, I loved it.  Since, it's not being sold in local supermarkets (not even in Rustans huhu) and online shops, I persistently searched for a supplier/distributor of Dilmah Tea in the Philippines,  I came across Equilibrium Intertrade Corporation (http://www.equilibrium.com.ph/), the only who carries Dilmah products (originally from Bangladesh, this blueberry flavoured tea is from Dilmah's fun tea selection).  Dilmah sales staff are really nice people but but but they are yet to establish their processes for retailing online so I painstakingly have to make arrangements just to pick up a box of blueberry tea,  And I just couldn't get it from Metro Manila ... so it's such an angel of Ms. Melmie ... she got my Dilmah from tadahhhhh Equilibrium Intertrade Baguio City!!!! Such an effort huh a box of teafied blueberries,  But baby, it's worth it ;-)

In case you've missed it, let it be known the many wonderful benefits of tea, please visit ....  http://healthland.time.com/2012/09/04/13-reasons-to-love-tea/

4) DIYS,  Can't get anough of them,  They're all over me.  Pinterest my pimp LOL!  I have a hefty 534 pins of them @   https://www.pinterest.com/lovelace1970/home-improvements/

You open my cupboard, you'll find ACVs, a big plastic bottle of white vinegar, boxes of baking soda, coffee grounds, old and unused tea bags ... my latest additions would be pollident tablets to clean the toilet, hydrogen peroxide for stained toe nails, eucalyptus for the garden and bath, and extra strength chili spray to repel flies (I have a separate entry on my chili fly spray, check it out ---------------->>>>>>>>>> http://thiscrazybeautiful.blogspot.com/2015/10/diy-chili-fly-spray.html

Damn, I'm crazy over DIYS.


It's either brown or black rice for me these days


my blueberry, my tea, my Dilmah



this now, is my regular shampoo, I'm trying Avalon next 



my daily body soap 

my body brush 

in my laundrymat 



my extras strength DIY Chili Fly Spray 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive