... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Friday, August 26, 2016

The cure for anything is salt water ...

From The WreckageFrom The Wreckage by Finn Butler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Finn Butler exists. For awhile i thought she was a fairy.

From the Wreckage, you have to seek high and low, to find it. You’ve got to want it so badly just to get it. Thanks to lulu.com for making Finn Butler available to the “peculiars” and the“persistents” and the "restless insomniacs". And thanks, also to House of Flair for making all these possible. It was scarce, it was a long wait, the distance it traveled made it a little pricey, but then again, because of all that, it makes it all worthwhile.

I say, we judge any written piece, never by its physical but its essential qualities. Lovely words can be fleeting when written on sands, but that’s why we crave and cave in at the slightest provacation. Some of the most fiercing stories came in less attractive packages, moved us, changed us. This came to me like I really did not expect it to be this plain, this brief. Twenty-four pages lightly covered and glued together in thin sheets of cheap paper. Honestly, it looked like a HS project, you know, but something that won the grand prize. :)

My new favorites were, Post Mortem (my current state of heart), Emptying (me, the gypsy), Gutter (the great unrequitted), Prayer (part III, twin souls). The last one brought it all down. Saltwater.

-ps-

Dear Finn, you don’t need a publisher, not even a glossy cover, nor too much words to fit 400 pages. Just keep on feeling, and putting all that down in pieces of paper, staple them together with some colored paperboard, black is alright, especially if its your favorite shade. No more preface, indexes and elaborate back cover copy ---- just stick to the core ---- go straight and bring us swiftly --- great poetry and teeny weeny stories. Your gift sets you apart my dear Finn. Please share some more.


View all my reviews

this made me wanna say Cheers, baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive