... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Bucket List


HAPPi


Happy clients. From Park Mall Cebu to SM MOA One more to go this weekend. My body’s giving in … salamat naman sa Bioflu.


Happy me with CITEM friends. Inah’s first VTR Nagpaka-stage Tita kami ni Abi hehe. I told mawe, please ask family and friends to vote for Janina Cruz @ www/facebook/takecaregarnier




It was such relief to be in the company of good old friends especially when you're drowning in the depths of boredom. I treated them for lunch at Almon Marina, as promised that Friday during my set-up … me easily convincing them for the VTR the next day. Jusz when we were almost done, dumating si Faye naka-uniform, alaskasdo syempre. And what do you know, may bitbit si Faye, napulot nya daw on the way to Almon. …. Si gandang Ronnie De Gracia. Lumaki gastos ko pero I had a great time naman. I remember “Reuben salad”, and Faye’s warning on how it could be poisonous … we took it as a joke, and dismissed it just as that. I was so happy to see Ron again, all volted in, and in rampa mode :)


Today, while nursing a bad cold, may nag-text ... "check your gmail ... basta. alam ko naman na kahit sa pictures lang masaya ka na." ... mare-kong-Thermites ... 5 baby pix from TGA despededida :)

CONSiSTENT


I was a Mall rat for more than 24 hours :) … my hands were full with work, friends and what do you know …


“I am proud of myself for allowing new/not-so-new people in my life to show to me how much they care about me, and how special I am to them. Just when I thought, I was both too scared and cynical, as a rule, people who treats me nicely, deserves the same from me. I know that I am not a bad person, I am just very very careful now.


If you find me worthy of the love and attention, well, because I am worth it ;). I have said it many times, I am lovable but I’m not easy. I don’t want to say “diffiult” anymore. Let's jusz say, I come with a price. And some ordinary people can’t afford it.


It was such a sweet thing to do. But for now, my response is. “Thank you” with the famous smiley icon. :)


after the STORM


if there was any consolation … the queue was short, and there was plenty of air to breathe in MRT … I’ve got wider options on which bus to take … No traffic …. the wind and raindrops hitting my face …. Less airconditioning, me and Soph in sweet embrace …The beauty of pre- and post-Basyang.


My internet is still down. Repair sked is by end of this week. Am catching up with Chocolat. And getting decent sleep.


I’ve got a newly-polished toes in yummm blueberry :) getting comfy on my new pair of butterfly flips. And finding myself again busy filling up my suitcase for another weekend in Cebu.



So today and the next couple of days, I have more time watching our TV shows :), and me lovin' the company of John Mayer, Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.


I remember my own Bucket List I made up last year. Not that my days are numbered, I got a bit of encouragement from PamPam's ... I feel its always good to measure up to something ... some things you've got to believe in ...


That was April 2009, 3 months before yahoo 360's curtain call, same 3 months before MyPiayaya got me into blogspot ...


I grew a bit envious of my friend who posted the 10 things she wanted to do before she dies. I realized, the things we rush ourselves to achieve later in life depend on what we missed doing while wasting time. That's kinda sad, don't you think?

Twilight years should be left enjoying the sun when it rises and folds up ... picking the cherries, running barefoot on wet grass, trying to catch butterflies, smelling the flowers, dancing in the rain, pep talk with God ...

Time is so cunning ... it passes you by so quickly. Time has no mercy .... you can't plea and turn it back.

So now i have to measure up with my list huh :

1. Raise my kid/s (plural makes it positive hahaha) to become responsible citizens. Nurturing, firm, independent, spiritual.

2. Keep the friends am keeping. ( And they’re not too many really.) (I believe you have to drop some of 'em as you grow old ... separating diamonds from the pebbles.)

3. Make a guitar weep.

4. Retire and start a new career as a full time partner, mommy.

5. Continue writing, and eventually publish, Sagging Breasts ;)

6. Build my brick house n Tagaytay City. The one with purple, pink and baby blue rooms. With all my favorite things and favorite people surrounding me. Colorful chimes. A silent sanctuary for all my books. Still that potting wheel to get wet and dirty :). And that choc’late fountain with chili sprinkles and red st’awberries. An old fashioned bath tub. Big French windows stretching from floor to ceiling. Natural light and fresh air. A butterfly garden with sunflower, orange roses and tulips.

7. I have long accepted my misgivings. I’ll make amends with Dennis. He was a really good, good friend before the falling out.

8. My GreatLastOne. And a baby boy with him.

9. Am not sure if I really wanna be an nonagenarian (or should I say, am not sure if i have the longevity). But am sure i wanna be a lovely, groovy, witty, hot granny hahahah

10. A monument of love. Lie peacefully with mama, lola taba and lolo tatay.

(a short side comment: i actually compared my top 10 from my friend's list below. am jealous of her list. they were so easy. you can do all them in 24 hours. One day is even too much if you actually allot 2 hours per goal.

mine, might take two lifetimes or more) ... :( ... here's hers:

1. Tell my parents and siblings I love them several times a day.
2. Find my soul mate.
3. Sing in front of a huge crowd.
4. Kiss in the rain.
5. Smoke pot and drink as much as I want.
6. Say what I’m thinking.
7. Make love with a complete stranger and see what it’s like.
8. Make someone fall in love with me.
9. Make peace with all people I had fallen out with.
10. Shave my hair bald and get an awesome tattoo.

..or better yet i will drive a plymouth roadrunner muscle car at top speed on the highway so i die happy.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive