... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

grateful still



Of course, I am grateful.  When people are nice to me, do nice things for me. of course, I recognize and appreciate their kind, sweet gestures.  Ang ingrata ko naman if I'd be mean to people who do me favors.

Then again, let's not lose sight of the shore. Let's put things in the right context,  uhhmmm, in their proper places, too.

People who do nice things is different from really nice people.  I mean, these two are from different tribes.  Or, in "logic" terms,  not all people who are sugar, spice and everything nice are good people.  On the other hand, in terms of "universal truths",  all nice people are sincerely willing and able to be nurturing, do nice, great things and stuff ... and sustain it even.

We know for a fact that there are intentions and reasons, factors, situations and all the justifications etc etc behind nice things.  Some people thrive on this.  The good seeds with their right hearts  in placed, they marvel on  kindness, righteousness, principles, values, sometimes circumstances make things harder, complicated, a painful process ...  but they do good anyway.

I'm writing this because I was asked a question.  My answer was fast and firm.  This ...

I'd rather be in company of nice, good people.  I am sure they'd do nice, good, kind, sweet things and more for me.  Guaranteed.  The other kind, with all the fancy, pompous blah blah, nothing but flimsy.

grateful still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive