... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Footprints in the sand ...




I got three things today.

First,  my best girl's birthday 3rd of October, my lifelong friend, Jomat.  She's gone through a lot these past 4 years, her shaky marriage, from Gapo to Sydney, which eventually ended up in a quiet divorce, she taking  the helm in raising her 4 daughters (not much diff really), from Gapo to Sydney, pre and post divorce (I  am actually saying this in a good way :-)  ), our beloved Mame fighting cancer, bravely and gracefully.  Like many of us, it wasn't an easy life, but it wasn't bad either  My friend, she's  made of good stuff.    I will always remember her in our youth, in our typical day at school, naka uniform ng Jackson, hinahanap yung mga crushes nya sa paligid ligid ng school lol, our  funny, loving, taray, smart Jomat, now, wittier, nurturing, fiercer, practical and still intelligent.   Torn and worn, in her journey  (like we all are).  She gets better (not everyone does).    

God blessed me with you friendship, my dear Joms.  I thank God.  I thank you.

Jomat and I, we got each others back.  From the time I was 13 and she was 14.  I am now 45, and she,  46 today.   Isn't that wonderful?


Second, been under the weather.  I'm a good girl who stopped seeing her Internist.  Dunno, I just don't wanna go back to this year's first quarter of me shuttling back and forth to the DLSUMC ... my blood chem looks OK except for hayyyy ... 

Nah, I will not allow this feverish feeling to get the best of me overnight, I need to be in Church tomorrow, somebody needs prayers ...
Dear Me, God heals.  love always, Self




Third ...  each time, before I end a prayer, at Church or elsewhere,  I say your name, each time, and ask God to bless you with a good life.  (You don't need to know that I am praying for you, I don't need to know that you do, know , that I really pray for you, for as long  as, you get the answer to my prayers.  That's all that matters.) 

"Nothing proves that you love someone more than mentioning them in your prayers."  I bring you and your family, in God's embrace.  Amen.  Amen.  Amen.




Take a shower.  Wash off the day.  Drink a glass of water.  Make the room dark.  Lie down  and close your eyes.  Notice the silence.  Notice the beating of your heart.  Still beating.  Still fighting.  You made it, after all.  You made it another day.  And you can make it one more.  You're doing just fine,    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive