... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Detox

1. As if Sophie owns it … but last nyte was Grey Gardens, and this afternoon, having awaken from my Tita’s and cousz’ quick visit, a brief brush on Pippi Longstocking at Cartoon Network. If only for that I felt so satisfied with my satellite TV. I was so glued on the boobtube. I really do miss Pippi. I hope she’s cozy and happy wherever she is right now.

2. Relax mode sa EMD. Bonding lunches with Carol and Yang at Marygrace Trinoma. Two days of pasta and hot choc’late. Delicious!

3. Marker looking good. Mid-October’s my target. Tiring but meaningful.

4. Our passports are looking good, too. :)

5. My investment certificates looking better, Thank God! :)

6. Third in line … Judy Blume’s Margaret book :) which I first heard of when it was mentioned in (significantly) in the film Ready OK, which I also watched this week, and liked so much. That 10-year boy, so cute, bubbly, and blonde who wanted to do cheerleading over wrestling harhar , Last copy at Fully Booked Trinoma, I had no choice but buy “rapidly” haha. Hummm, did I forget to mention that Ms Blume writes books for children and young adults. And I have cited somewhere that I love books, children’s books especially.





7. MILESTONE: Sophie loved Blume, too. Finally, I got her into reading whewwww I'm thinking now of the next Blume book I can get for her.

8. It’s been a week since the first spiral. In as much as I hate spending my Saturdays at DLSUMC, I had to see my optha. Officially, it’s hyperopia, no disputes. I wanted contacts, the doctor said no. Am getting my pair of glasses this Tuesday. I don't like anything to impair my reading, traditional and online. Or put my ever reliable magenta shades second in line. Hayyyy

9. Me trying to look for a nice pic of Christy Turlington, my fave supermodel of the 90s … I stumbled upon, Kate Moss (also a fave), and a painting of hers done by figurative painter, tadahhh Stella Vine .







Stella Vine ... the color blue, the golden hair, tat little robin, and of course the cleavage :)





the controversial Kate Moss by Stella Vine ... I think Vatican had something to say :)

11. Birthday … MyPiayaya, she’s 26. This coming Friday we’re celebrating it right smack across John Mayer yum yum … I wanna say this again … don’t you wish sometimes, you’re Johnny M’s guitar hush hush ;) … si Wenggay sempre hindi maka relate … different genre, different era hahahah … no beers alright … let’s have that “tower” of blue margarita instead … ahuh.

12. Another birthday of ateng chenggay who’splaying “interesting” again …. So me begging for her to lend me her fertility chair hahaha

13. Sunday birthday of Ronnie Ganda … his text message woke me up at 10:31 AM. I opened with his smiling face on MMS hahahah … I texted him back with a greeting … and posted another one “rapidly” at FB hahahah …

14. Speaking of Atesh Chenggiez …. she inspired me of started to think about how women become a work of art … at their best, at their most beautiful …





15. And speaking of Ronnie, very early in the morning of this Monday … still half awake, me in my first spiral, and jusz about to prep myself for my last appointment … I got an MMS … just after their flag ceremony …





16. Excerpts of funny, serious online moments with friends (READ as DARK HUMOR).

Nat eggcited about Jates ;) . But that was jusz an innocent side comment. Not even an official topic for a straight-forward conversation. Calle 86 and its meat shop hahaha , everyone jumpin on the Love Parade, Gapo version. I am really, seriously afraid, it’s gonna be one big orgy hahahah hush hush kaloka. Yan ang hirap eh, reunion fever and the power of FB … rekindling of the past … hanapan ng mga exes, childhood crushes, alter egos hahaha

So there, a thread of postings, what do you know, Arns’ album on eldest girl, Ela’s pic, who is NKP in Sydney:) … the Legend of Hammerman hahahah … dunno what to say … I decided to silently read along my friends naïve ;), mischievous curiosity wink wink It was getting to be a circus … so to set the record straight ….


Me ...
now it's my turn: My Hammerman definition: nanligaw yan sa akin nung 4th year hehehe, takot na takot ako sa kanya kasi, he's tisoy but tama naman si Nanat about the "hammerhead" thing heheh. He gave me a necklace, na pinagipunan nya pa daw. I was so afraid of him, kinausap ko na sya one time sa may room natin, nasa labas sya, nasa loob ako (parang confessional hehehe) at nakasara mga bintana. Sunud kasi yan nang sunod hanggang sa haws kaya one Saturday, CAT, officer si Judy M., huhhuhuhu, I connived with Judy, pinag-push-up nya ata o pinatakbo sa may bleachers si Hammerman :( .... I was young and so mean. I don't even remember his name anymore, and I lost all his letters. This is is the legend of Hammerman.
13 hours ago · Like

Me...
‎@ Nat ... tse ka ... wala! wala! wala! wala akong feelings hahaha!

@ high school pips I so adore: talaga naman no sa picture pa tayo ni Ela magkwentuhan ng boylets hayyyy

@ Ronnie whom I misz terribly: ... speaking of boylets ... sana tama ...ako .... parang na sight ko sa FB si "Ronalito forever" check it out ... Rez Cortez pa din ang dating eh. Sino malakas loob dyan, i add nyo na for the love of Ronnie!!!!!!
13 hours ago · Like


Initially, briefly with Bok Weng … the worries of retirees hahahah, we decided to put into good use our inborn talent which we only discovered later in mid-life hahahah, a God-given talent which we continuously develop until this very day. We see it coming, so we better come to terms with ourselves with what we are bent to do later in our lives. A wise investment, an endearing business proposition … Baby Danes Detective Agency, Inc. She promised to be really nice to our investment from now on. Hugs hugs hugs hahahaha

Then Jen and I. Confessions … revelations … hiding it over the years may be uhhhhmm intentional … and may be not. I didn’t want the hype. I only mentioned it to Wenggay one time, and that was it.

So why the reminiscing … la lang, we have communication again kasi. The vast internet highway probably gave him more courage and be more straightforward, thoughtful and funny while something virtual gave me more air to breathe, and be nice, than sungit and suplada :)

Sempre she got worried … afraid … panicky!

Okay then … lemme give you the facts:

1. Timeline: Two months after Dencio, almost a year before I went kraMming.

2. Understandably, I was so broken-hearted. I was tired from ESP 05, a bad mix of everything alcoholic, I was dead meat drunk!

3. Technically (hahaha let’s make this sound technical for my friend Jen to easily accept the turn of events) … so technically ganto na lang, almost there, then I changed my mind period. So wawa naman ang mama hahaha. And me I was so angry at myself, for allowing my pain to engulf me. That was such a stupid thing to do (not the walking away but in putting myself in a very compromising situation). He's married. I didn’t like him at all. Not because he is married, but because, I just didn’t like him in fact I didn't like anyone at that time. Coming out from a dirty, ugly break-up, I found men so unattractive (tentatively).

4. And technically, hahahah married men, they say, I believe, hahahah are very good. Very good. (Now let’s stop there hahah)

5. So now, I want to make friends. Make peace. Same as Glenn, I was happy with the attention, the importance, the concern. Offers of “safe” dinners and free rides.

6. I miss a man in my life. No matter how independent I have become. No matter how tough I look and feel from the outside. Hayyyyy … naman pala, I still miss being picked-up from the office. Help me with my grocery bags. Wait while I do some shopping. Bring me to the movies, and smooch. Drink and make craZy love. Or just plainly, hold hands. Little smacks during bus rides. May be seriously contemplate on enrolling myself in a cooking class and cook something fancy for him. Play nurse when he's sick. Cuddle his head on my chest. My fingers around his chin. Shop for him. I must admit there's a kind of joy in my heart having a man around.

7. But then again, I am so used with my present life. A straight, peaceful line. In my own little garden. I have withered all the grasses. And the mosses . The sand. And the pebbles. I am now surrounded only by my family, my daughter, my daughter’s father, my friends, old and new, here and overseas. Jen even congratulated me for successfully removing the toxins in my life.

8. After all the painful lessons about love ….

“She does? Well, that's what love is like. It makes your heart race. It turns the world upside down. But if you're not careful, if you don't keep your eyes on something still, you can lose your balance. You can't see what's happening to the people around you. You can't see that you're about to fall.”

9. Men like cigarettes, I may want them from time to time, 10% of me, makes me wanna smoke :),the big 90% already quit. While I haven’t succumbed to the idea of the shower head hahhaha oh my gosh talaga (as proposed by my friends who is so anxious with my officially extinct sex life), celibacy is something you really get used to. It bothers you for awhile, but hormones are trainable :)

10. So I said to Jen, may be then I can write in my epitaph:

“I have lived a craZybeautiful life. Happy by my standards. And there is only one sad part of my life story … my bed.”

16. I made my good ol’ friend Jonathan happy with our brief interlude online. This thing about Jates. He’s giving me an ‘A” for effort. It’s about time daw. I know he knows I was kinda fleeting. Unsure. To the point of unwanting. The fact that he heard an unfamiliar sound, a strange name … happy na si Nanat.

He found Jates’ site hahahaah same conclusion, oh my goshhhhhhhhh

17. I made my good ol’ friend Jenalyn happy with our brief interlude online. This thing about toxin disposal, toxin refusal. She just laughed it off … that sad bed.

18. ... "I have to have that one time. To tell that one boy, that one line." (cheers to my last and only peach!)

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive