... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pictionary

THE NUMBER 40





Party begins @ 40. (my high school friends in our usual tambayan ... beachfronts! of 'Gapo.

....
Me: beautiful, happy faces of 4 of the sexiest, loveliest, hot hot hottest 40 year olds in the world! muaaaaahhhhs
September 15 at 1:10am · LikeUnlike ·

AZTEX HOT TAMALE





My forever fave blend of hot choc'late mix. An Aztec original ;). My long search was finally over.

The many things I adore about Mejico ... Diego Luna, Frieda Kahlo, deep primary hues, burritos, sopa de ajo ... and of course, hot cocoa with chili pepper.

It was intoxicating. It felt like opium. Like biting the tip of my tongue. A little salt. A taste of blood.

I left a note in between a sheet of glass and pine.





KAY ALLENBOUGH




Demoting "... the killer bees of Sue Monk" to second place, Kay's Chocolate for a Woman's Heart is next in line after I'm done with Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Italy was fun and funny. I am never a fan of India but I wanna see the kind of magic it makes for the many Elizabeths that walk this earth.

Thursday breakthroughs aside from a chili-sprinkled hot choc'late was Kay Allen Bough. Quietly tucked in that little wooden shelf. A place unnoticed and forgotten. But me, the curious cougar ;) was restlessly trying to pick on something ... anything ... while our order was taking a little longer (READ: forever) and Lia (who will be 8th the next day) was busy with free WIFI, and mother hen's hands were full with Venice. I excused myself from our table which suddenly turned into a messy kindergarten desk. I leaped in excitement when I spotted the already "torn and worn" little paperback. And just like a cougar ;), I jumped at all the 3 bookstores in Trinoma in less than 20 minutes. Nadah! ... the lady behind the counter made herself very very useful ... last copy at Fully Booked Eastwood :) ... she said.

CA finished it overnight. It's now with Yangers ... my influence on her ... getting her to read a decent book ;)


OUR CABIN




I called it my version of Jason's and Michael's. It was less romantic, but a good break from the usual confines (comforts AKA spoiled living) of a hotel room. The scent of fresh wood was wonderful. I loved its feel on my skin. I want to re-create something like that in my own bedroom. I mean ... second to the smell of baby powder (was tat from Bayo or Kamiseta?) ...

I come home late everyday. I was always missing the sunset. Almost caught it during check-in. It was too shy and too fast for me. It ran and hid behind a blanket of clouds just before I got my polaroid ready for a snap. :(


BLUE






It brought Yangers down. It got Jie exachanging numbers with "Alvin-The Man-with-the tight-fitting-black-trousers-and-the-bulges-from all-over" hahahah. It got me craving for one big pitcher --- i mean tat classic frozen tequila recipe w/blue curacao hahaha

Our first night, my first time @ Naga, Peñafrancia.


PASTEL AND PINK




No matter how trivial for as long as it makes me genuinely happy ... Saturday rained pink and pastel. Like a pair of "ouchless" wide-toothed jelly from Goody™, something (pink) Hanes ;) (jusz thin air between pink cotton and my bare chest ... i sooooo ohhh love the way it touches me!) and Pink Panther on my "little shugah" (cute di ba?)

FAIRY TALE




The harder I kisz, the toader he gets ... darn!

It was love at first sight. It was mass destruction of my budget. I didn't care!
I got pancakes, cheesecakes, and that magnetic kiss of "never-ending-after".



COUNTRY DINERS





Last stop on the way to airport yesterday afternoon. Mr Biggs ;). Everything else about it was lousy. Except the concept and the interiors. But since you couldn't eat jukeboxes and turn tables, not even old 45s :) ... I was hungry like a cow upon touch down at 6:29 PM.


FULL OF ROSES



Currently, happily, proudly standing atop our Christmas table. It was still 30 percent off last week.

My Okapi "full of red roses" topiary almost ready for Christmas.

MEADOWOODS




Touchdown just before 7 PM. As scheduled, I brought my GSIS clearance to old office. Thelms couldn't wait and left a bag for me for Mykee's gift. Manong guard was very accommodating. Thank you naman.

No traffic ... we were at Meadowoods just before 9 PM. Mom looked happy and healthy. Kiko was such a quiet, big boy.

I have always been a a fan of her artistic talent. We have always been conspirators in many many bargain and even expensive buying sprees for our respective houses. I miss so much coming home to her place, a dip on the pool just like old times, late night parties and all the perks :) ...

I miss coming to Bok's place so much ... I couldn't resist taking a picture or two of our favorite things around her house ...



Sophie was very happy with Tita Wenggay's peach wine glass. It now hangs beautifully side by side with my purple wine glass ... a gift also from Bok Wenggay.

MARTHA AND CHUCK



Hummmpp, manong tindero was a little less friendly ... his assistant was such an overkill, may be his first sale for the day at closing time hayyyy.

They've got to be expensive. May be in the very near future. My pair.

Meantime, on the way home from Meadowoods ... I got a pair of lovebirds ... yellow and with a touch blue.




MY "FRESH"




My office gave me an upgrade. Preps for up and coming "blueberry days" :). I now have a new number since last Friday ... and am sportin' a new tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive