... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A salad bowl made of lies, fire, envy, dreams, and happenstance

Easily for ignorance. Conveniently for pretensions. On a higher level, pride.

The lies we weave in our lives are too treacherous. Don’t we get lost in our own perjury. And misjudged by the world because of our own personal indiscretions.

And there were beautiful memories. Don’t you think? I keep them handy like keeping a lemon candy on my pocket. A sweet tooth makes you smile. And may be a cup of my favorite Mexican choc’late w/chili sprinkles. A comfort drink makes it last a little longer. Bakit, didn’t you have enough reasons from your history that makes you smile? And wear it a little longer.

“I like to think about how fire and rust are the same: just oxidization taking place at wildly different speeds. I know it's a chemical oversimplification but it's still appealing. It suggests that what I face as I pull on my mask, crank on the air cylinder, and replace my helmet outside the burning deli is no more exciting than an old truck sitting out in the yard and going to pieces over the years. That same slow, mundane deterioration is simply being compressed into a few minutes and will be taking place all around me and in the seething air over my head.

And meanwhile, all around us, everything that rusts and corrodes is infintessimally burning, being consumed in a slow conflagration.”
*

I remember writing these more than 2 years ago, 2 months after I left …

Colorado burning.

are those tears?
they aint real.
nobody cries over
bloodied ashes
even when theyre like
bullets hittin' your eyes.

a heart does not bleed
over some Nothing
no scar
without wounds
baby, it cant break
over Me something
you never really cared
about.


a bucket of Empty

'Have not
done anything at all
you can't
save it anymore
the things
we lost
in the fire.


… if you read my profile, there’s a line that sez “am never the superstitious kind”… but hey, some people are lucky. Sometimes I wish I have something like that. Am jealous. That makes me wanna throw away now this pragmatism i've been wearing all these years. Ditch it! And watch, that you don’t catch it. Too much of it steals away your desire to dream and daydream a little. It's fun to dream. I love fun. But am way too practical for some castles in the sky. My bad.:(

A few minutes before 9 tonight. A dose of coincidence. Jusz a twist of fate. Always jusz a natural phenomenon. Coincidence equals Always.

I guess, it’s my last remaining dream. Please just let me hold on to that. It’s the only one. You're all I got.





*All Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive