... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

She was MP3. I was April Dreams. And This is Our Parody***


***some late posting from last year’s turn of events on a dear friend’s life (parallel with mine/opposite with mine)



Six years ago.    We were  in Friendster --- me, CITEM and high school.   Then she moved to Facebook … like everybody else did.  I chose to stay a bit longer in my comfort zone.  Damn, Friendster and I wouldn’t let go.  I remember my very first shout out, it was such a one-liner bitch.  I  didn’t really want to leave my old social
networking site.  I really wish I wouldn’t have too.  That was 6 years back.



*They found each other in Facebook.  Took their sweet time together, of something they thought they lost  in HS.  May be take another shot at love, with somebody you’ve always wanted to have but didn’t have the chance.  May be because they were too young and mid-life was just the best perfect timing.  I bet it was heaven.  I’m sure there were many plans and promises.  There are always two sides.  The "for real" side.  Of course, the truth will always come out.   Of course, he lied to her. Of course, she was broken into bits and pieces.  Of course, there were consequences,   After, 1 and ½ years, their plans of shuttling to and from the US and here,  they broke up.   But she held on.   And he let it be.  Neither one of them wanted to … para silang bote na paikot ikot. 

**Coming to Facebook was Friendster’s fault.  Can you imagine how tedious it was for me,  I had too many albums, messages,  testimonials … and  just too much memories of Mark Dresden, and Dennis, too (who actually set up my Friendsterfor me :) ), my fans (lol), ex-girlfriend (double lol with back flip), trolls. My reluctance was a premonition, but my transfer was inevitable.  Friendster eventually became a gaming site, and it wasn’t anything like Farmville lol.

It was like me coming out amnesia.  Finding one’s self in a totally different place and time, and felt  like nothing’s changed.  Just when I thought I've totally forgotten all about you, it's been a long time, and I have lived my life in my own terms ... you came back in my life, and suddenly it was so permanent.  So I thought I finally had the chance with you, this time, mid life. .  The idea was heaven.  There were plans.  There were promises.  And I was too confident, believing that you love me like I love you.   But that was just a theory.  It all went fast, and hard and hell.  Two months that was all.  Hindi man lang umabot ng pasko, new year, birthdays, thanksgiving,  kahit semana santa o pyestang patay etc etc.  Just two months.  Permanent and punishing.

*Suddenly there was competition.  She was too busy holding on and she didn’t see it coming.   Somebody’s fallen in love with somebody.  And it wasn’t her, and not with her.  Tables were turned now (at least that was how she felt).  She was hurt but still in good spirits. My friend is an intelligent woman, she can see through it with objectivity.  We’ve been friends since our freshman days in high school, she talks to me without shame or remorse, about her fears, and guilt feelings, her shortcomings, her angsts, frustrations, depressions, foolishness.  With men, they say, after tedious years of marriage, you let them sleep around, but not fall in love with the other person they’re sleeping with or sleeping not. 

Suddenly, she needed to compete.  Competition made her realize that she (still) loves the man she married.  Competition made her realize she didn’t want to lose him.  Now she’s ready to let go of that love that failed her.  Too bad he was already in love with her who haven’t failed him, may be not yet or may be not ever.  I was just listening. That was my friend's journey, not mine.

**Suddenly, she needed to compete. . She made you wait.  And you waited for her, for 7 years.  She was your Queen.     I was competition.  But I was just a pawn. And nobody loves a pawn. Especially not you.
Honey, don't you see, I got you your dream ... as you said ... now you wouldn't have to spend another day away from her*****.   Honey, you owe me. :)   ... This is my journey, not yours.

Of parallelism and opposites.  And life as a big joke.





*****a PM I got in my mailbox.  thanks for the updates whoever you are.  I owe you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive