... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Blessingschallenge Day 1: Gorgeous Chaos


 11 September 2014 (Thursday)

I am thankful for the 3 gifts i received today: 
1) A lot of people made me smile today ... Jocelyn Ong de Jesus posted a very inspiring FB message this morning, 'had catching up chit chats with my besties DOGNUTSsome brief emo lovin' exchange with Gerry Boy Paredes, got into this bagong uso na challenges ek like yours Bok Rowena P. Ebriega and Phia Lorraine Yater-Dalmazo's.
2) Cheers to some fresh starts --- my baby cousz, Franco Deo Soriano's birthday today,
3) I got home early --- a chance to rest (since i havent been feeling well the past few days), watched FIBA 2014 Semis, France VS Spain and Remembering 911@ NatGeo.

Now I challenge 3 of my friends, Jocelyn Jumawan , Arlene Lee Mataban andJonathan Catunao to do these 5-day Positivity Challenge. Share and post 3 things you are thankful for 5 days and let positivity abound in this wonderful world!







***
seriously, this exercise felt good. i did this one closed to midnight last night, wanting to delay until the next morning (this morning)  but it will somehow defeat the purpose.  

forced.  it's a shame that many times we have to force ourselves to remember and appreciate the many things, people, moments, reasons, intentions, good deeds that we receive and give every passing day.  it's a shame that perhaps we equate blessings only with the big, grand ones, as if, the small, simple ones do not amount to anything.  we bother and thank God for serious endeavors and publicly acknowledged achievements, and take for granted that every morning we wake up to a brand new day.

i must admit, i was guilty of that.  my "bliss" jar, i commissioned myself to fill with my daily blessings for the year 2014 --- collecting dusts and motionless, lonely in a corner, up there in my aging bookshelf.

and for the past days ... may be the weather ... may be my colds and that feverish feeling ... or this usual cramps during my period ... and my bestie sad and touchy about her recent (nth but this time for good) separation  --- and then me and that awful feeling again ... i love to miss you then hate myself for that --- im all beaten up these days,

then God got creative.  or may be He's a little fed up with many of us :) ... this challenge running around social media like wild buffaloes. God wants us to feel good about ourselves, that's a step closer to being happy :) ... this is God reminding us of all the reasons why we should be happy ... the reasons we usually overlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive