... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Kitch Witch Diaries: My Very First Homemade Cheese Pimiento

Pope Francis is here!  Hurrah!  It's a long weekend and I have nuff time to recuperate from my lung infection.

This Saturday night, while waiting for my baby girl who is out attending (again) one of her high school besties debutante's ball (again) :) ...  I'm fixing something really fast and easy :)

I wanted to do this before Christmas but I got sick already.  I always get fresh rosy red bell peppers and they'd ended up wrinkled, drained,  raisined, cold in our crisper lol.

Saturday afternoon, coming from a quick visit to my Ortho, I got me a pair of red bells :), and I got serious with my homemade cheese pimiento.

Ingredients:  1 bar (225 grams) Dairy Creme Buttermilk, 1 bar (175 grams)  Eden Cheese, 4 teaspoons white sugar, 1 medium red bell pepper, pinch of salt to taste :)

Easy Steps:  1)  Melt butter in room temperature 2) Boil red pepper, 5 to 7 mins.  3)  Once butter is soft enough, cut in to bitsy squares  4)  Put squared butter in a bowl, grate cheese over it  5)  Mince the bell pepper and mix really well with butter and and cheese plus the white sugar  and the salt.

Make the mix really pasty.  Ms SJValdez said to use fork, so I did.  And the consistency was good.  Just put your cheese pimiento in a clean jar or  in my case, the ever reliable  "tupperware" ;-)


DOWNSIDE:  hummm a bar of butter can be over the top ... and if i'd have it my way, I''ll use 2 red bells.  I like spikes, i like spicy :) ... I just used it sparingly because my daughter absolutely do not like anything "pepperish".  And may be, yes, some more pinches of salt. :) 

Oh well, what can I say this is not really a to die for spread for my daughter but .... for mom it is lol.    So  I got some vested interest in here.    




CREDITS:  Thanks very much to http://www.allaroundpinaymama.com/ for the guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive