... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Reaching out into the cyberfog and grabbing hands."

I was at MOA this morning, official business, so I had the chance to pass by Fully Booked and Power Books. The scent of books, I always tell myself, I can actually live here, the throng of books and fresh covers is like sweet cinnamon that makes me walk on air, from air to cradle. Purposely, I wanted to buy "... the Bees" but I kinda like it with its original cover. Sayang, 20% off pa naman. I'll try again next time. I was taking the door ... so there, I found rob&sara.com ... 45 bucks, man! neatly, secretly tucked away from typical eyes.

Actually, it's a Laurel-Leaf, so slight pang-teens, but ain't i, a self-confessed juvenile delinquent 40-year old ;) ... i still have a growing collection of children's books. i have self-vested interest each time i get books for Sophie especially during her baby, toddler and early grade school years :) I have my own favorites from my little girl's library ;)

so am givin it a chance. it's your usual paperback. short. i'm at page 79 (79/210 pages) ... i don't find it cheesy. boring. mediocre. i like the idea of the story's backdrop. modern day epistolary. epistolaries, so i started to reminisce the time i was reading Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey's A Woman with Independent Means, one of my all time favorites. Gee, it was made into a film in 1995. Stellar cast. May be I really have to make lambing my friends from the States, to get me a DVD copy of this, and the love story of Tita and Pedro (Like Water for Chocolate), and because I couldn't wait until it's shown here in the Philippines, Angela's Ashes, too It was released in the US in 1999 ... gimme a break ... it never reached Manila. Or may be, this nation is afraid to see, how Irish men behave like Filipino men ... they are such babies! ... Frank McCourt, the famed author of Angela's passed last year, big C.

Side tracked by my own loquaciousness ... Shannon posted Emily Dickinson, Shannon ... Rob's friend. It's hard to find a "Rob" kinda guy friend in the internet nowadays. There's a drought for decent men, in general, in the real world. Therefore, this breed is extinct in the cyberworld. I gave chances to a few, very few, not 5, not even 3. They lurk there like sex-starved Greek gods. they use screen names like you can never imagine. tsk tsk such a pity. Nah, there ain't a "Rob" anymore. A "Rob" is as virtual as virtual.

.. so here we are, under the cyberfog mist ... sometimes it hurts the eye, di ba?

Here's Dickinson:


I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us -- don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive