... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

barebaiting?

August is here … hurrah! Am shelving the last 4 months. Leaving ‘em in my memory bank :). Davao is still two weeks from now anyway, I have plenty of room for my sweet little life :).

So August's first Monday, a kick off of my two days … I went to the foot spa, and finally, finally, I made up my mind, and gave up on Pierri. She trimmed my brows some 2 years ago, shortly before I transferred office. I told her, I’d be coming back as a regular customer:) … but never had the time really. I even bought her a pair of colorful blades … she never got to use ‘em on me. One of the many old things locked in my drawer, collecting dust and cobwebs.

♥♥♥

Again, the crispy scent of countrysides. My eyes feasted on the foliage. I browsed a few pages of Chocolat. Grabbed a cheap ready-to-drink hot choc’late from the only 711 we found two towns away from our destination.

We went back on trail. Then I marveled on this really beautiful sight gracefully spreading through the horizon.

I know I can never capture that kind of splendor in words. No way I can put God’s grace in writing. But to me, it feels like the sun’s reverence to mother nature … the Great Divine, the overall schema of things. Fire orange swimming through a sea of clouds. It was such a perfect canvas.




♥♥♥

The week that was certainly pretty busy for me, work, socials, homefront.

Monday off. Tuesday was preps for Dagupan and a quick dinner and a little drink with Jen. Sometimes I question it myself. The inspiration that keeps me coming back to Blender. I don’t come around as often as before. It may be short, it was short … short enough for a shout-out in FB :) … “staying gone.” And me a little drunk.

Wednesday was meeting with SM MOA. It was such a busy long day at the office. And some family obligations, I went straight to Uncle John’s wake at Manila Memorial Sucat. Had dinner with my cousins. And had fun with my nieces. Eldest Ja came with BF in tow. Teff was in her usual makulit, malikot mood. I noticed she lost so much weight, but her bunch of curly locks I still do adore. We missed Tere, like Sophie, there’s early school tomorrow. And Chongs was getting bigger each time I see her, even on a yearly basis lang. She’s quite big for an eleven year-old. And Erika … looks very much like her dad … dolled up with her natural curls and tan. She’s 9 and ohhh so super witty. I look at them and I can’t help but notice how fast time passes by, how clever death coming though like a thief in the night, and how short life is, in a blink of an eye.. In my silence I said to myself, in the last 5 years, I have seen the generation before us like old leaves falling one by one. I have seen, too the fresh sprouts and the sweet smell of promises. We remain steady … the ones in the middle. We carry the torch, and keep the flame burning. Sometimes, it makes me sad, missing old folks. But it also makes me proud, knowing that in our hands, they have entrusted precious, precious one.

Two hours. I stayed two hours on my cell phone talking to my mawe after her 2-month hibernation. Nagtatampo daw sya kasi nakalimutan ko na daw sya because I wasn’t calling her. I told her I called her twice, but she didn’t pick-up. Or a few times that I tried, her cell was outside coverage. She said she’s going back to work this Monday, today, and her newborn was getting bigger (hopefully not fatter) by the day. I saw his pic from FB (her current profile pic actually), may be taken during one of his first bursts :) … I was kinda envious. I told her akin na lang hehehe We had a lot of catching up to do. Buti na lang traffic sa EDSA, more time to chit chat. She reported about the Fact Finding on the ESP transcriptions …. I told her ITSED/ESP will always be in my prayers, that’s all I can say about that. I updated her about Sophie’s dad, and his current GF. Me, I asked for prayers and a little cooperation around here (and there) :). I asked that we should pray and claim for the same things hahahah, let’s not confuse God, alright. I asked them to stop contradicting my prayers. God needs a little consistency from everyone, alright. :) I told her about that spooky FB request. Sumakit tyan namin sa kakatawa. Just the same, pareho suspetsa namin. She called him Big Butt Baby (Bok Wenggay will agree on this), he he he, I didn’t know what to say. My closing spiel … “ah basta dapat ako magtampo sa yo. Basta basta … for me, he will always be Von Dresden, Von Dresden Waje hahaah. Kuhanin mo kaming ninong at ninang … para magkatuwang kami hahaha.”

Then Thursday we were off for our 60th Anni, CSI Staja. My next 4 days wisely spent on a showbiz platter :(. Thank God for WIFIs, regardless how intermittent they were, and IPODs, regardless of their limited energy and miniscule, really sensitive touch screen key pad. When you’re in the middle of anything archaic and laidback, a sporadic internet connection, and little less cooperative ITouch could be like a geyser in the middle of dessert storm :) With that I stayed connected with the real world :)

Segwei … super phone calls. Now I remember. Again, I will be nice. Thank you for the attention, and all the kwento, and the sweet stuff and the invitations .. but if my memory serves me right …. I don’t like. Hayyyyy …. next please …

Optimizing the past week, and my 2-day rest day … I am surely enjoying the idea of the sassy black Volks finally finding its match. You can always rely on old country stores for rare finds. And if there’s any other consolation, I rewarded myself with Fillmore :) Here’s a sweet picture of the two of them … getting cozy with each other.





I finished the last nine pages of Chocolat on the way to Manila. I have to say this, the film wins over the novel. The book kinda lacks the spunk and the spice. Some elements were kinda “bitin”. Caro and Renaud. The Wind. And of, course, Vianne and Roux. Lollipop is more well written. A buffet of really lovely words. Characters are sharper. Zozie than Caro. The mystique, the struggles, the issues, the fights, they’re larger than a Choc’late Festival on an Easter Sunday. I wish they’d make a film out of it. Depp and Binoche still.

I am now more than excited to start a new good read. May be …The Bees … this time or finally getting Chris Martinez or Pretty In Pink the novel.

Some late night surfing of FB, I came a crossed NP’s posting, which is rare. Recommending Ruby Throat ;). I got thrilled, and found this … fallen for it …






Some late hotel breakfast, after a drinking spree with Jie and Panyang, which was planned to be brief but lasted until 6 in the morning, and we haven’t packed. I was sitting across Ivey Hayes, admiring Dancers of Black Skin.



Me already excited with August ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive