... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Closing of August*



A writer struggles to get back into writing a decent piece.

I first head of this song during my daughter's Parent's Freshman Orietation.  I thought it was a gospel song.  Oh boy, was I so helpless  tryin to record it on my phone.  Of course, I was unsuccessful.  Dang!

Then Gary V and Sarah  G @ The Voice Philippines.  I prefer this song done in a really sweet, gentle tone. Like, a lullabye that rocks you to slumber.    That cover wasn't really my bet but was I glad the song was brought to my attention again.  Found it finally.

Lyrical poetry.  Twas a Zedd original.  But two of my favorite versions, one with vocals curt'sy of Marie Digby , the other, violin by Daniel Jang --- vocals mine :).  Like, I sing over those strings.  Who knows,  on lazy days like this, I'd learn to record a song.  Did I say, I am a chameleon.  I can also turn myself into a bird from time to time hehe .... and if you compare me to Digby girl ... I don't care! haha



My last one was April.  Coming back from celebrating my 43rd summer in my little hometown.  Re-groupin' rekindlin' with Dognuts and some high school friends.  And the failed endeavor to get drunk in the streets of Gapo or cry and scream our hearts and lungs out in Kale beach.  There was sobriety instead.    Oh man, ain't we back to being decent 43/44 year old kids!  So whatever happened to that plan to get wasted, huh!  For once, in midlife, let's get delinquent! :)

I'm always a fan of "free verse".  Putting words together just like that.  Plus I am not really  a "rhyme" person.  I don't like following trends or formats.  It restricts my artistry.  To me it's always been like throwing all those colors in a wall, and finding meaning in it.  I fancy words.  But now I can see, I'm into something like haiku.  Going back to the last 4 of my works at Blender. Short, big words.  Ones that pierce your soul.  Words like that so powerful they make you cry.    

And Digby  flashbacks.  Back in my hotel room in Marco Polo Davao.  I heard her doing acoustics on a something fast from Rihanna.   I dunno what's happening.  An (about to be) scorned woman's instinct.  A conscience' fair warning.  Out in the streets they were partying.  I got my life falling part.  A few days after, it all went down.  My plane crashed and I died.  Like I died a hundred deaths with you.  Was that August?    

 Just this song.  Eased me back to waxing poetry.  Or was it because it is August again.  Remembering August.  Leaving August.  I owe it to this song.

"Loving. You. I know I'm good at it.   But I'm better.   Doing it alone.  Loving you."



The block's unblocked!  I'm back to writing!  Good grief!



*a poem written by Laura Marie
"Heaven casting its glow
across the shadows of insincerity- ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive