... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

My daughter's first boyfriend

She was actually betrothed by her own grandmother to Harry Charles Albert David, Prince of Wales even before she was born.  She , her Lola's Princess deserve no less than Royalty :)  But love's tricky, it will find its way.  Love conquers all.  How can you argue with that.  

She chose a Bee over a Prince.   And was head over heels.  

So  when  the TVC started airing last November, I got really excited.  Brought back memories, and the sparkle in her eyes each time ...

2013's Christmas offer --- batteries not included ;)  

I got her this ...

I got this from Jollibee Dasma Bayan, and was part of our Christmas table 

Thirteen years is a long time.  People change, feelings, too.  She denied everything about them.  :)   It felt like a love gone sour, that  did not leave her any aftertaste.  Plain and simple, memories gone.  Love no more.   

But I'm her mother, I've got solid proofs.  Proofs that will stand in court actually.  LOL  May be there is photoshop or all the other sophisticated apps to enhance or even completely alter photographic films and electronic images.  But it always boils down to the truth.  

She can raise hell and high water.   But as a matter of factly, at one point in her (baby, little) life, this Bee swept her off her feet. And in the annals of history, she was madly in love with Jollibee, her first boyfriend.

Pictures don't lie (even when homo sapiens do ;-) )

She was about to make her rebuttal, until I showed her all these ...

Love at first sight.  A social butterfly, she was barely 2 months old, and attending the 1st birthday party she got invited to.  I think that was Mareng Alma's eldest son's bday.   Soooo cute, look at her little sugar creme puff* miniature tote bag.

*Sugar Creme Puff items was then exclusively available in Gift Gate.  Aside from Rustan's, I  used to shop her stuff from Gift Gate.  Arte (magastos) ko lang na nanay heheh


Ever since she was born, automatic na, we dine at the nearest Jollibee resto hehe  That was heaven for her.  So when she turned 3, Dad and I gave her the ultimate dream of any little girl ---- a Jollibee parteeehhh!

Mommy holding her so she could blow her candles.  Behind her was Ate Inna --- who's now a full grown young lady and  so pretty at that (miss ko na din Inna namin :( ) ... and Remy's mom, Nanay Tacing (missing Remy --- i hope di na sya tatampo sa akin --- si Remedios parang ako lang ang tagaaaaaaaaaallll magtampo huhu)

The only girl in my life --- posing before her gifts in Jollitown, March 1, 2000.

They were so sweet --- Jollibee and Sophie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive