... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Just a theory

On a Christmas party evening,  I was asked a hypothetical question (innocently, i hoped, too) after my fourth champagne coupe of Margarita (sadly, which tasted more pineapple than tequila arrgghhh)

So what is it gonna be like the next time you fall in love?

I said, "I will have pre-requisites.  All or nothing."
 I'm adamant about it, this time, no compromises.  It's a downhill race.  And, in no particular order:
(and i saw jaws about to drop --- and i haven't said a thing yet, just about the all or nothing "pre-qua" lol)

1)  Next time, I'm gonna fall in love 'has to be with someone I  can trust/deserves my trust, 100%.  Whose words, I take as bible truth.   Written on stones, beyond-paper-like-marriage certificates.  Even when he is away,  i sleep peacefully, knowing my love is safe with him.

2)  And trust him with my life and my daughter's.  When during trying times, he's got to be somebody I can depend on, instead of vanish into thin air, without regret or guilt, just like that, left me and my daughter, alone in squabbles.

I'm a hopeless case.  I have very strong, serious trust issues, If he  doesn't deserve my 100%, then  I can't give him my 1%.    I think that's fair nuff.

3)  Next time, I'm gonna fall in love 'has to be with someone who loves me in words and in actions, online offline.  In real life and in cyber life.

4) Next time, I'm gonna fall in love 'has to be with someone who is proud of me.  And not keep me hidden like I'm an illegal contrabond, a dirty linen, a cheap whore, a skeleton in his closet.  I want somebody who does not want to keep our relationship a secret, online offline.  In real life and in cyber life.

5) Next time, I'm gonna fall in love 'has to be with someone who's cut clean from his past.  No baggage of erring or scheming fuck buddies, girlfriends, wives. and not use children either as a bait or an excuse (unless kids are not within the age of reason, or have grown to be spoiled and unreasonable, or may be born with special needs --- c'mon --- this crap trap is so lame, I'm ditchin' it!)

And with regard to anything about his relationship status, I will demand for proofs or any physical evidence, any written document certified true copy LMAO.   And definitely, I will ask around, ask friends, mine, his, common.  I will ask  families, especially his.  Next time, I will not hesitate.  Never hesitate. Never.  Again hesitate.

6)   Next time, I'm gonna fall in love has to be mutual.
(I won't even date someone who just pretend to like me but actually doesn't really care.)


Round this time, I had too many broken jaws to pick up from the floor where we were seated, on my fifth and last glass of Margarita that tasted more pineapple than tequila.  Damn!

"That kind of "someone I'm gonna fall in love" is just a theory.  In my world, that does not exist. :-)".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive