... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

the diamonds we lost for a pocket full of stones

Finding that old Manila Times article by MJM. Re-posted in somebody’s bloghopped. There were three theories there, briefly discussed by the author. I guess, we are a mixed of all three, our mutation, a work in progress. This is my theory, here goes ...


Is the universe conniving?

Between two people . One evening. Long talk.

That single dream you both want to make real. Here and now.

In between days, you see the stumbling blocks and hurdle points getting larger than life.

The wall getting another brick. Wild grasses growing at our doorstep. Distance wider. Words are scarce by the day. It looks to me like what used to be two separate lives, still two separate, distant ones. You and your quicksand. Me and my sandcastle.

Is this really love? Or is love enough? No love or just love.

Sometimes, I think you really do. Like I do, too. But right now, my sweet tooth aches. Too much sugar is always bad for borderlines. It’s going down. And I’m sinking with it. I'm so tired, my physical body giving in, for once I want to sleep peacefully again, or just get sleep even if it mean no waking up.

... ... ...

Every afternoon just before the sun sets, I gaze at Manila’s skyline from 15th floor of my office. I try to see as far as my eyes can reach, it’s a big picture of orange dusk and cotton clouds, still you not in it, and "us" against a dark silhouette.

Why now and not then? What if? What for?

So lemme, propose for us ... a

last crawl. last call. One love.

The two of us, played like fools by destiny.
Fate had once stolen us from each other,
and led us to some other lovers' arms
and somehow, don't we regret those lousy parts?
Are we letting this happen again, like helpless pawns for a bait.
I don’t want to be the one who got away from you.
And you, the one who slipped away from me.

Please don’t let go.

Not this time. Not again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive