... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

This ain’t a pixietale …

... Me and Abi …

Well … that little story in children’s books yeah right usually starts really bad and closes with “they live happily ever after.” Ahuh ahuh LOL

This is adult world stuck in reverse pare!

Dysfunctional of all dysfunctional :) ei.

This one’s a little story gone worse than bad.

I’m sorry dearie, you could have partaken and enjoyed what each and everyone of my crew partied with. Yeah dearie, that part, you know, when I also thought was gonna be wonderful. Oh, did I have to see your smile all over Blue Wave Treats, and say like what everybody said … “oh tat was beautiful Irma, such a beautiful love story … not everyone of us passes this life and get that second chance.”

So oh too late for you to see me thrive in it. For once in my life … I was compromising. For once in 41 years, I was in submission. Trying to learn things I refused to learn before. Trying to honestly, sincerely, bring down my guards, waving that white flag whether I was wrong or right. For once, I was giving a relationship a fair fighting chance. Not like my misgivings with Dennis. Not like my stubborn love with Mark. Not like my falling out with Sophie’s dad. For once I was trying my best to be easy than difficult. For once I was more than willing to give it a shot. No matter. Regardless. No matter how complicated the circumstances are. The future was blurry, but for once I was trying to shed some light. For once. C’mon naman I deserve a standing ovation here.

Here and now. He was having me at my best. I was trying to give him myself, Irma at her best. Something I denied to everyone else I have fallen in love with, for the first time, I was consciously, exerting effort, giving it my best shot.

My innocent childhood love. Offering my pure love.

And then this.

So let’s kinda fast forward this a bit. Which Jonathan kinda said hummm. "galit ka lang kasi". And Bok was sorta hatin', "one more chance, Irms. Give your honey another break." Phia prayerful, "I'm here for you, don't you forget that." Jen the believer, "Go back to Jun, 'Ma. Soph will be happier."

Katawa, hati hati sila. Iba iba.

Me and my rebellious streak. I and my vindictive self.

Turning away and going back. We’re even now. (So si Jenalyn lang ang magse celebrate. Sya lang. Sya lang talaga. LOL)

Allow me to say this ... can I say this ...

This failed love I will bring to my grave. Lemme regret this. Jusz let me regret this.

See ‘Bi … di ba, this ain’t a fairy tale.

(... when pixietales are not suppose to end this way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive