... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Friendship Bag ~






Finding this piece was a result of my current passion for reading stories online ... Last night I posted this just before I went to bed, and shared this with all my BFFs in Facebook, with a tiny marginal note that sez "How wonderful life is because of friends."

Funny how feelings, fate, and this cyber thing come together and interface with me :) Me ... in the middle of my personal struggles with loyalty and trust (which is so huge, big, giant, strong serious building like blietzkrieg coming up, and threatening the entire mankind.) My PEP squad's re-assuring love. Jonathan and Anna missing me ... what a coincidence, these two friends of mine, same feelings at the same time ... if you know their story, you will be smiling with me now.

Now why Friendship for a brand? Why bag? What is it for a bag lady like me?

My personal concept of a bag is totally utilitarianism. I adore it for its functionality. Function is a role it assumes in my life. For that reason, I have a small cabinet full of bags, of various shapes, sizes, colors, and usefulness, too. In general, I am hardly brand conscious, but as expected, I am loyal to certain names, especially when it comes to durability and preference (certain criteria bordering to reasonable to capriciousness :) )

Ama big bag lady. Yeah, like the ones you see roaming around the alleys :) ... as my friends say, I bring my entire vanity-cum-medicine cabinet with me :). My day-to day-bag is my day-to-day survival kit, kikay or not kikay ;).

Right now you will see me around with my less-than-a-month-old Class A :) Jimmy Choo with my usual ...

1) red wallet (for all my bills, coins, cards, and Soph's baby pic)
2) cellphones, the very old, the soon to be replaced, and the uselesz cherry
4) new electric blue umbrella for the rain, my lavender fan for the humidity, my yummyy Goody™ jelly wide-toothed comb, my martel baby towel (my choiced replacement for a regular hanky)
5) that loyal pair of shades I got at Macy's in New Jersey
6) and that "getting-loyal" pair of reading glasses
7) my ITouch in a pink Japanese purse
6) some sort of Ballerina faux quilts for my USBs, card readers, chargers for my phones, ipod, basta ... all my cablings are there period!
8) Charlie Brown Peppermints
9) ... and my daily dose of aspirin
10) a two-pocket organizer bag (I got form Bench). The first half carries:
♥ my Paint Box shine control face powder which I use alternately with my
♥ Natuni loose powder on rosy glaze
♥ Shu Uemura curl lash
♥ my colorless mascara from Penshoppe
♥ an expensive Benefit cheek tints :)
♥ L'Oreal lipstick in Rosewood and Sheer Starwberry
♥ Avon's Glimmerstick in case am in the mood to flirt with my eyes :)
♥ Hygienix hand care sanitizer
♥ and a really tiny Heart Rules purse for my bobby pins, hair clips and bands which always come handy in most trying times :)

And the other half,
♥ my since-birth fave ... Johnson's baby powder
♥ Cream Silk leave-on hair conditioner (i love hair fragrance ... Any!)
♥ Garnier clarifying foam
♥ Pond's oil solution toner
♥ travel toothbrush, tongue scrapper, and toothpaste
♥ a cheap tube of hand and nail lotion
♥ Biolink fem spray ;)
♥ Holy Seat sanitizer
♥ toilet seat cleaning wipes
♥ and a really tiny pink purse for a few cotton balls :)

11) i have this unique smart rectangular make-up case where i put my
♥ wet wipes (usually Farlin's Powder Fresh or Johnson's or Nivea's)
♥ kleenex tissues and what do you know ...
♥ a pair of fresh undies ;) ... a true blooded Brownie never camps-out without it!

12) Am ADHD, so i need every possible gadget, knick-knacks, whatever, to snatch me away from possible death due to boredom ... so I always carry a book with me ... now it's Liz Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love ... currently I am in Chapter 62, 252th/445 ... when Liz was in one of those Ashram's in India. But I like the Italy chapters better. The landscape, the magnificent architecture, pasta and pizza, Italian men and women, the scent of romance and history all together. But I've got to have a favorite in India, and it must be Robert of Texas ... Groceries! hehe ... too bad he had to leave the Ashram just before Liz. .... and BTW, the book comes with a book light which I purchased last Thursday from Fully Booked), too, in case of painfully dark bus ride ;)

13) .... and ooppps .... my ever loyal scent beautifully standing in a corner of my big bag ... this gYpsy currently wearing VS Pure Seduction ;)

... you see, depending on my destination or plans for the day ... sometimes I have my pair of my comfy flip flops there, and a clean shirt in case i need to change.

Ama big bag lady. Yeah, like the ones you see roaming around the alleys :) I can live in the streets with my big bag. Everything I need and want just a zip away. Wonderful!

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥


The Friendship Bag ~ is priceless and most cherished ... I wouldn't trade it for a Jimmy Choo ;)
by Me on Friday, October 15, 2010 at 11:40pm

Contents: roll of lifesavers, cotton ball, Hershey's Kiss, Hershey's Hug, Sweet Tarts, B-day candle, circle with happy face stickers, rubber band, pencil eraser(top), band-aid, recipe card with a recipe on it, paper clip, tissue, and a small smooth stone. Place all these items in a pretty gift bag. On the outside of the bag attach a sheet of paper or note card with the meanings below printed on it.



Contained in this Friendship Bag are a few reminders of friendship.



LIFESAVERS: To remind you of the many times others need help and we need theirs.



COTTON BALL: For the rough roads, seek the cushioned support of your family and friends.



RUBBER BAND: A reminder to stay flexible.



SWEET & SOUR CANDY: To help you appreciate the differences in others.



CANDY KISS: To remind you that everyone needs kisses.



CANDY HUG: To remind you that hugs are nice, too.



HAPPY FACE: Smiling not only increases your face value, it's contagious.



CANDLE: To remind you to share your light with others.



BAND-AID: For healing hurt feelings, yours and someone else's.



RECIPE CARD: To share a favorite with a friend as a symbol of caring.



PAPER CLIP: to help keep things together when they seem to be slipping out of control.



TISSUE: to wipe away a tear, your own or someone else's



SMALL SMOOTH STONE: to remind you that rough times help refine and polish--use for smoother tomorrows



ERASER: To remind you that everyday you can start with a clean slate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive