... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Get well soon

It was like sudden death. My baby girl was behind me. And I couldn’t move. For a moment I was trying to smile. I dunno, that night, that time, I was just trying to. But it was all going down. I was having hot flushes. In a very very cold room. And there was rain. Behind my French windows.

The next morning came …

No matter how hard I tried. I was overtaken. It was like a faucet of water. On and off. Sometimes I can hide it. Sometimes I can’t. EMD kept me company. Ten bottles. And a pack and a half. There went my quota for 5 months. In one sitting. Forest Grill Timog. On a Wednesday night.

Another day came. I over spent on cab rides. I was very very late for work. And slept all throughout lunch. My face was big, swelling and white. I decided to beg off. Dinner with friends. Red ants feasted on my eyes again. I didn’t want them to see me this way. And … and … besides, I don’t want to talk about it.
I thought and talked about sadness. My own personal one. Mine. My own. Ergo, me. My problem. My solution.

Bok asked me a question in FB. I PMed my answer in FB. I will try my best not to overdose myself. But a little dose is tolerable. Am sure a lot of friends will not understand. I get that. But that’s how it is right now so …

I remember rushing Christmas. And now I want to skip it.

I wish I could travel time :) … and choose my moments.

Life goes on …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive