... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Unfreezing 101: Reading, Shaking, Dusting off

yeah, i agree. we all get lonely sometimes.

me. now. inside a cold room jusz enough for me. an angry iron bed much too big for one. imagining things in my head. they make me freeze.

a hundred thousand miles away. i've been thinking of you a great deal for the past 3 days. too strong, it was breaking me again. i boarded my plane with swollen eyes. thursday afternoon when air pocket was really really bad. i wish i could leave my hyperopic vision in Dumaguete. Somebody to bury them on white (quick) sand. i sure don't want to fly with 'em again. demmet!

it's been in my ipod for almost a year. it used to be just like anything. suddenly, i found a new meaning into it. for a little while i was frozen in imagination.*

over the years, i have learned the art of shaking myself. like boiling water poured over a slab of ice. it's easier to wake up now. a little shake. jusz like that. in a jiffy.

a neightbor. another bus passenger. a co-worker. barkada. ex. from the real world or cyber.

everyone else. but not me.

i am 41 years old next summer, at least now, I can read signs that says "dusty road".

"Dusty Road!"









*thank you naman to my friend Thelms :) ... i particularly like the "cradle waltz" story ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive