... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Retiring twogether

Beng and I ... we've gone a long way ... after sending me off to Tanza, Cavite some 20 years ago ... so happy to hang out with her again, though under limited time and very different circumstances ... and so blessed that after twenny years, nothing's changed between us.

... this photo was taken in Rosario, Cavite, March of 1993. So sweet and gracious of her ... Hinatid pa ako ni Bengbeng from Gapo to Cavite. The following month ManileƱa na ako.



i was 22 and she was 24. she was trying mean hard to recover from Paul (but couldn't).  i was trying to end an engagement (but couldn't).  we kinda sorta put together by God in some strange circumstances (like office hehe) ... and braved all that to cheer each other up and on.  :).  i was a very young and inexperienced supervisor and she was under me.    we were both very hardworking.  it was just an organizational structure thing that meant nothing to us ...  this and that ... blah blah blah blah Beng and I we hit it off easy and fast.  we became really good friends and until this very day we still are.

we tried to be holy.
we went to church together.  si beng ...  na ligawin ng mga pastor at deacons.  who wants to be courted by men of god LOL ... i always kid her hahaha that theyd go read the bible than make out LOL ... how miserable.

we turn to butterflies in a blink of an eye.
we were sneaking marlboro lights inside my room.  mom was supposed to be still in the office.  then she knocked at my door.  home too soon. hehe ... beng and i we jumped from my bed like frogs and ended up anxiously driving away the smokes like silly flying roaches in panic!

we shared a weird diet.  
had carrots and soya milk for lunch and break time.  our officemates made fun of us LOL  ... they said we were disgusting and hopeless haha ...  but that was all for good intentions and supplications.  me helping beng lose some pounds ... beng trying to help me eat  healthy, gain a few pounds after some massive emotional roller coaster ride plus that really painful orthodontic retainer i was wearing  during that time like a true blooded masochist. :(

we shopped to death.
single naman kami so every payday, we take the Victory Liner and travel all the way to SM City North Edsa and/or SM Megamall to find our "zen" --- Cinderella, Marks and Spencer, Our Tribe, Gift Gate ... and and never fails ... Going Straight for Bengbeng's stubborn curls. Hayy buhay dalaga ...

we invented stalking.
hey that wasn't easy in the early 90s alright.  dot matrix pa ang printer ahaha, wala pang google LOL ;) ... walang CP, ang landline sa Gapo Piltel na walang dial tone lol (how pathetic!!!), ngayon nga madalang eh lalo noon walang taxi sa Gapo, jeep to jeep lang ang pagsunod ahahah. ang hirap letch!  pero for the love of Beng ... one afternoon, after payday again, we had a new itinerary (not Manila shopping malls anymore) ... i forgot, the name of that computer school, it was actually one of the first in Gapo, sa may Gordon Ave. cor. 14th St. yata yun ... Kessing (of course), Gordon Ave., then basketball court then Natividad woohooo am i so familiar with that place ... pag nawala pa naman ako eh ewan ko na lang ...

Yung binoboylet nitong si Marylen eh instructor sa computer school so we went there inquiring as prospective students ahahah --- tadah --- lucky girl this Marylen, boylet was there to entertain our queries.   Natawa ako, ang biba ni Beng, hindi torpe kala mo yun.  And wasnt she so credible.  He invited us to enroll. Ang Beng kuha agad ng registration form ahaha kaso short ang budget ahahah, ako na kunsintidora at bagong sweldo labas ng 1500 lol ... so i wanna make this official, that i actually funded Marylen Dizon's computer education ahahah ... to cut a long story short, they ended flirting with each other for awhile, before she found about he was bipolar and suicidal LOL ... and who was living in with a girlfriend who was a drug dependent.  infatuation lang naman, natapos din.  Good for beng.

Si Beng suportado din kami ni Reden.  But as you know, smokes were cleared between me and Reden.  I ended up marrying Jhun.  She disagreed very very strongly.  Pero sumige pa din ako.  She missed my wedding.    :(  But she was ninang to Sophie. :)  

She married late but had 4 boys.  The three real little boys at si Pastor (nyahhhaa pastor pa din talaga).  One of  my best girl friends is a pastor's wife!  Damn!  Bawal green jokes LOL .. the both of us always prim and proper lol ... sakit sa shoulder blades ahaha

All powered up.  We're back to working together.  Cant wait to share  the news with our ol' DTI Olongapo family.

... must say ...

Isn't such a bliss to watch the sunset from that side of  the planet ;), with one of your most favorite friend in  the whole wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive