... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Kitch Witch Diaries: The Search for Roseman Bridge ...

Ok, these got 2 parts.

FIRST PART

I was going over my Timeline photos 2 days ago while working on some project proposal at the office then i chanced upon this posting some time late last year. I got inspired writing about my love affair with this vintage-looking little book my Robert James Waller right after watching the movie for the 2nd time around. The first time i've seen i was just playing film critic, hoping Robert Redford  over Clint Eastwood and not finding Meryl Streep  not sexy enough for a lonely hottie wife,  Francesca Johnson.

Something in my head about working on my review for that Beth Harbison book but couldn't start for the very apparent reason that it was like a sharp edged knife slashing that part of my chest again.  So I'm decided to park it meantime.  especially about Nate ... leaving .. saying ... "I'd rather love you and be alone than love you and be ..."  Damn!  How did writers learn to write so painfully?  So am sayin' ... I'm parkin' this meantime.

So there you go, an automatic review of that love between a man named Robert Kincaid and a woman he called Francesca.

"Mid 90s … just like the rest. I brought and read it along wherever I was. I was never shy with my emotions. I laugh, breakdown, display affection, get pissed like nobody’s watching LOL ... and that story of Robert Kincaid and Francesca Johnson never fails to make me cry like a baby … in that little place I shared with my (then) boyfriend, sa banyo, sa kwarto, sa module ko sa Hall 5 ng CITEM, sa La Salle, sa taxi, sa jeep … literally kahit saan. 2011, I got a DVD copy of that novel and got myself watching it again today which led me to reminiscing vintage living, the smell of suburb, that old truck Harry, the mean yellow dog, Manila paper, rumor mongers LOL, a woman’s impulse shopping prior to major major date LMAO, and that other summer dress I wanted for myself lala, Nighthawk Cummings and his weeping horn, Franny’s fanning her naked bod with fresh air, dark night, by the porch hehe, and my formal introduction to Anais Nin (my new inspiration), normal marriages, normal families, death and coming to terms, those magnificent words of love, that once in a lifetime certainty and a room to dance again."

SECOND PART

All because of this and for the love of goodreads :) ... I went looking for an old Roseman Bridge photo i remember posting somewhere in one of my FB quilts  ... not in my Timeline nor in my favorite number album ... then there ...  suddenly i was there ... a place i hardly i go to these days, "A Lesson on Cooking and Life"  album, one of my many private albums  ... i found all these but no Roseman Bridge.  My broken heart started beating fast ... Oh tear ...


After 41 years and 2 months.
A sweet, spolied brat's first dish.
Pakbet for my Honey.
 6/25/2011

proudly in my purple plate  ... that's one good-lookin' menudo ahuh! 7/7/2011

fresh shrimps 101 curt'sy of Honey ko 

26th August 2011 ... a few days before our last day, our last weekend together.  ... ***he even reminded me to ask for beer salt and limit my beer to 3 ... me the obedient honey  ... had only 3 beers that evening. We closed down Mexicali.

one of his songs daw for me 8/17/2011

missing my honey bunch so much 7/6/2011

Table for one. 6th September 2011.

Decision made 23rd October 2011.

Marimar takes a bow LOL ... cookin' with mah "mumps" blue saranggani anklet, mah baby pink hanes, while my hair clamped with pink bushes ... still candles, still coffee 7/9/2011

Mine 8/19/2011

gettin' butchered for the 2nd time! — at Tattoo de Iloco, Laoag City.  6/10/2012


Nike Air Trainer 1.3 Max Breathe MP 11/7/2011— at .

Such a lovely pair! — at .

Binili ko kasi akala ko seryoso sya na gusto nya talaga .. joke time lang pala ulit.  Ang mahal na joke ... tsaka ang sakit ... hayyy

Ayun accumulating dusts and cobwebs in my Ottoman.  Sophie always commenting kung bakit di  pa kinukuha nung nagpabili (my daughter she accompanied me in Bonifacio Global City to get this limited edition pair.) ... sabi ko, nakalimutan na kasi malayo ... she'll turn her back and go on with her chores ... i tell myself softly ... pag namatay ako, sama ko to sa kabaong ko, para mailibing na kasama ako.

i thought of donating Nike here  — atwww.brokenships.com.

The Museum of Broken Relationships grew from a traveling exhibition revolving around the concept of failed relationships and their ruins. Unlike ‘destructive’ self-help instructions for recovery from failed loves, the Museum offers a chance to overcome an emotional collapse through creation: by contributing to the Museum's collection.



i remember still ... 4/18/2012— at theeternalbliss.wordpress.com.
Me ditching the false claims about twin flame.

26 August 2012 ... I was thinking may be I should unfriend all our common friends, but that would be unfair. This pops out on the right side panel of Destine's pixietales. I blocked you because of this. It wasn't your fault. And I wasnt angry. It's just that, its my prerogative. And i still hurt.


That was his prerogative.  To post a profile picture and shout it out to the whole word.  Irregardless of my feelings (as ever, as always) ... It was my prerogative to block him.  I know if didnt matter to him at all.  But it mattered to me.  Mababaw man, pero baka makatulong ... not to see his profile pic with his wife. and  be reminded of the pile of lies, a 41 year old woman of my intelligence,  consciously chose to believe in.  My bad.


Your thoughts can hurt you.  But those are imaginations until you see a picture.

(His memory still makes me cry.  Love sucks isnt it?)

... "cried a river, built something like Roseman bridge ... threw the ashes ... but never getting over ..."

Umuulan sa labas.  Umuulan din sa loob ng kwarto ko.  Kasalanan tong lahat ng Roseman Bridge na yan!  Kainez!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive