... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

My gYpsy Life in 2010: Diamond with the Rough

Diamonds

Soph’s 2nd year in HS
Soph’s passport
Soph’s own bank account
Carrots and the boys
Jerome and I
Mama and Lola’s memorial
Old friends from childhood and CITEM
Ol' ITSED reunion December 2010
My friendship with Soph’s dad
Rekindles with GerryBoy
The Good deeds, a generous heart, a helpful spirit, the witty saves the world ;)
Pep talks with God

Milestones

GSIS clearance
CITEM clearance
Boxes of memories
Friendster migration
Surviving EMD
Getting my hard-earned promotion
My financial investments
Franco’s registered
Jon’s back in school
Von Dresden c/o Maweng Gigi ;)
Monchito’s liberation
Anakish and Myk and Thelms SPRINTin’
Anakish and Mike
Nettchii’s with me (though we really don’t get to see each other that much)
My mares college diploma
ACE’s ... Bok’s President, Baby’s Vice :)
Finally … AHIMA 2006 Report
... so now he gets to travel (again)

... places I’ve been

Gensan ( sweet reunion with my cousz Jerome and family)
Dumaguete City (for its beauty and Salamanca ;) )
Naga (the short trip, the cabin, Twinfrost)
Dagupan (loving land trips and long drives)
Bacolod (my aloneness)
Cebu (the shopaholic in me)
Davao (remembering Ambet, Phia, Mykee and ...)

Books I’ve read ...

Relaks Puso Lang Yan, Malayo sa Bituka Planner 2011 (my friend’s Jen 2010 Christmas gift to moi)
A new bible with blue and purple leather cover
Are you there God, It’s me Margaret (Sophie and I lovin' this book)
Eat Pray Love (...need I say more???)
robandsara.com (jusz givin’ it a try, it was less than a 100 bucks anyway :))
Last Order sa Penguin (salamat talaga sa isang Chris Martinez)
Pray God’s Will (my daily devotional ... so quiet, so honest, so sincere, jusz me and my God)
Chocolat (I love Joanne Harris, online, offline!)

... and the Movies that swept me away

Cold Case (all series)
NCSI (all series)
All George Romero’s (zombie movies my fave, anytime, all the time arrgghh, paulet-ulet, paulet-ulet)
Toy Story 3 (widescreen, SM, popcorns and hotdogs after X no. of years :) )
Mediterranean Food (yeah Mondays! ;) )
Vicky Cristina Barcelona
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (on touching lives)
500 Days of Summer (officially in love with Zooey Deschanel!)
Ready OK (...and finding Margaret)
The Bucket List
Everything’s Fine (I soooooo love this, I sooooooo love 'em, De Niro, Barrymore, Beckinsale, Rockwell)
A Few Good Men (for the nth time again)
I am Sam (for the nth time, too)
Erin Brockovich (2nd time after the first time)
Flashdance (2nd time after high school)
Imagine Me and You

... our new pig-out-cum-hangout destinations

Mary Grace Trinoma (in love with Mexican Chili, I slipped a note, sana buhay pa :) )
Chocolat (Death by Tablea and tat Espanyol Tsokolate)
Chocolate kiss (jusz beside Papemel, so convenient for me, Jen and the kiddos)
Music Bank Timog (EMD’s)
Quattro (kasi lang malapit sa office haha)
Shakey’s MOA (wala lang kasi yun ang madali para sa amin nina Wenggay haha)
My lavender bedroom (because it’s perfect! … it’s home plus Sophie now sleeps in her own room … I can jusz drink and pass out anytime I want ;) )

New songs in my playlist
(me and my wide genre :))

Airplanes (w/Eminem)
Apologize (ft Timbaland)
Barebaiting (Ruby Throat)
Bridges (Kevyn Lettau)
Chasing Pirates (Nora Jones)
Circle of Friends (Edie Brickell)
Coming Around Again (Carly Simon)
Don’t Go Away (Oasis)
Easy Like Sunday Morning (Lionel Richie)
Empire State of Mind (Jay-Z)
Every Rose Has Its Thorns (Poison)
Far Far (Nael Yaim)
Forever Young (Jay-Z)
Fuck It (Eamon)
Golden Slumber (Will Young)
Here comes The Sun (Bob Khaleel)
Hero (Enriwue Iglesias)
I Don’t Believe You (Pink)
I Know I don’t Walk in Water ( Walela)
I Try (Macy Gray)
I’m Easy (Shuber)
If You Leave (OMD)
Jelaous Guy (John Lennon)
Kiss with a Fist (Florence and The Machine)
Knock You Down (Keri Hilson ft Ne-Yo)
Leave Right Now (Will Young)
Like You’ll Never See Me Again (Alicia Keys)
Not Like The Movies (Katy Perry)
Only Exception (Paramore)
Passenger Seat (Stephen Speaks)
Reach For Me (Kirsty Hawkshaw)
Real (Plumb)
Rhiannon (Did Bernami)
Save The Bets For Last (Vanessa Williams)
Schutze Mich (Ich+Ich)
See the Sun (Dido)
See You when You’re 40 (Dido)
Sideways (Citizen Cope)
Smile (Lily Allen)
Smile (Uncle Craker)
Tadhana (UpDharmaDown)
Tell You Something (Alicia Keys)
The Climb (Miley Cyrus)
The Long and Winding Road (George Michael)
The Middle (Jimmy Eat World)
This Ain’t a Love Song (Scouting for Girls)
Touch the Wind (Mocedades)
Use Somebody (Kings of Leon)
Where I Stood (Missy Higgins)
You Give Me Something (James Morrison)


... from my famous Bucket (water- dipper) list ...
(precious acquisitions ...)

Purple digicam
IPOD
Oh so sweet lavender bedroom
Benetint
…jones ;)
Pink Hanes shirt
pink crocs and plenty of wedges
blingblings for me and Soph
knick knacks from all over
My house defogged, major, major
sunflower shower (loveeeetttt)
desktop et al
cable TV
a new bed (my old one jusz about Sophie’s age)
7 foot frost free fridge (again after 13 years after my 1st Kelvinator)
Garden set (marble … no less ;) and this will turn black in 3 years time hehe, jusz the right color I want)

Discoveries

Duane Bryers’ Hilda
Egon Schiele
Stella Vine
The Redbubble
Coelho’s
Harris’
Silverstein’s Sidewalks and Superstition
Pablo Neruda’s … saddest lines
Fairy Dust
Langston Hughes’ Deferred Dreams
All about vintage, gypsies and boheme
irmavanta.blogspot (confirmed to be getting the attention from CITEM trolls (EDD, Creative, CODE in general, MIS, Operations, CORPLAN ... Whewwwww I didn’t know I was still that popular in ex-office :), if only they spend their time working on ESP, FAME, their almost extinct international projects hayyyy I so pity CITEM)

Ailments I survived/still coping with
(Over and above the regular flu and common colds)

Cervicitis (story of the emotional uterus)
Bone spur – under study for operation :)
Hypothyroid – under medication
Pre diabetes – with maintenance meds :)
A degenerating spine (the doctor sez becuz ... but can't tell ...)

Emotional challenges that made me a tougher cookie

Friendster stalkers
Facebook posers
Blogspot trolls
His prejudice
His friends’ mockery
CITEM rumor mongers
Ex-CITEM gossipers
irmavanta.blogspot sez goodbye a few days before Christmas
my yahoo profiles hidden from the world of trolls
my Facebook, too


Heartbreaks that made us more endearing to each other

Faye and Ben:(
Jen and Benj
Ellen and Ronald
Lola Charing’s and Uncle John’s passing
Benj’s mom, too
and Bok Allan’s, too
MyPiayaya’s losses in the family, her struggles @ the work place
The case of Diana Rose
CITEM’s ultimate, incomparable, fantastic! hopelessly bad leadership

Enemies made and I don’t give a shit!

Baby Danes' new H. arem E. xclusive:

si Butch and the faggot hubby
si Fairy (bilat)
the ugly snoopin’ puppy
sempre si Boogaloo Forever!

am sure they’re still around: grand ol’ dame Markova, si Halitosis, si Galema AKA Tatarin

... I got a little personal (life)

Some men and their flattery ;) (thank you but I don’t date anymore :)) The attention was good but I have a new religion.

I have a growing album of Baby pictures (a year round devotion from CITEM friends :))

A journal that speaks of love (temporarily disconnected from the world but is now back in business ;) )

And a love he’ll never get to see again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive