... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

On making chances or taking 'em (I hope you dance*)

Two ways: again there’s fate. A commoner’s convenient, safe excuse, in moments of failure and despair.

The other way, is the road less traveled. A narrow path from the iceberg’s tip. The sweet emancipation of destiny from all shame and all the pain from all the blame. We make ‘em. Create ‘em. Live by ‘em. The pros and the cons.

Destiny makes us a little lazy, don’t you think. A little complacent, too. A whiner, complainer. But It gives us faith, too. It's actually a good road test to examine how far we can trust the Unseen. The Untouched. It’s like air. Some thing you don’t see but you can feel. It’s like a drug of superstition. But Destiny separates the lucky from the unlucky ones.

Our plans and actions need a great amount of hard work. Even careful and good judgment. Making chances requires certain skill sets. When I say, we can actually make ‘em. I didn’t say just make ‘em. I mean its tougher creating chances than just wait for them to fall in your lap like a manna from heaven. Making your own chances separates the skilled and the wise from the lames and the sissies. A little amount of luck wont hurt but still wont make em for us. Since it could be like baking a cake :), making hot choc’late, writing a poem, a painting, there is so much gratification in making ‘em, and a great amount of danger, too.

But who sez, chances are painless always. That path you take, that’s life itself. A box of nougat, you aint knowing what you gonna get:) And if they are painless and rosy all the time, what would it make out of us. Lazy, superstitious spoiled brats :)

While I am fascinated with anything pre-destined. And fascination is a feeling of sweet dreams coming into life. Nonetheless, don’t you want to have some kind of control, in your life, a little decision-making on which path to take. Get some creative juices working and strategize. It’s like making your favorite ice cream mixed with your favorite berries. Berries alone they gave quite a fancy of variety huh.

I have taken my chances like a child with arms stretched open, with big hopes in my eyes. They come like a package of blessing. A picture of God’s graciousness. Who am I to refuse my Father.

I keep my options open, too. Some days, those days, as the need arises, when am not too lazy, with just the right amount of sucrose, lactose and frustose in my bloodstream, and ideas running naked in my head, I take that call and grab that chance of creating my own.



*A poem by Mr. Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive