... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Princess Diaries




Two pink lines, they say. I remember coming home at Julian Eymard for a family weekend gathering. I was so lazy, and groggy and sleepy all the time. I usually was playful with the boys. But nah, not that afternoon. Mama was already suspicious. The boys were playing innocently trying to get their Ate's attention. I was living with my boyfriend for almost 6 months, I called for cousz Jerome to goto the nearest pharmacy for something. Everyone went quiet. I went to the toilet silently. I came out to see each and everyone of them by the bathroom door :). And all I said was, "they were supposed to be pink and two. But these were purple (and two). My mother could not contain her joy. She embraced me and called m
y boyfriend right away. Who was doing some plumbing in the house, which noise and mess, I could not take. That figures. I went back to sleep with that sweet pretty smile smacked on my face.

***






***

I was not contented. I went to see my good friend Thelms at Gotamcoville. I prodded her to to accompany me to Madocs. She was hesitant. It was past 6 in the evening, no labs, no doctors, unless for emergency cases :(. I won over her. I told her about yesterday morning at Julian Eymard. I showed her the two lovely purple lines. I questioned the reliability of test packs those days. I am getting a frog test. She gave me that "Oh-my-God,-Irms,-are-you-really-pregnant-look?!" I paid double. Special lab test. I had the paper on my hand in just a f
ew minutes. I told Thelms, it didn't say anything. Thelms disbelief, ayun o Irmz, naghuhumiyaw na POSITIVE!" After x no. of years of starving myself, Maymay and I piggin' out at Mcdo jusz across Madocs. 7th July 1996




***


One of the many ultrasounds we took. The first one was for the gender. The next ones were biophysical. Then doppler's. My OB suspected that 8o% of my mom's congenital was on me. On my 3rd trimester, Sophie had a heartbeat but no chest movement. I was optimistic. I still am.




***
still my most favorite painted belly in the whole wide universe










***

Days old Sophie in thre famous ceremonial swaddle :). First day of rooming in with mom, first taste of colustrum, succes
sful first attempt to breast feed my baby girl.

***


One of my fave baby pics of Sophie, this was featured in Baby Magazine in '97





***

A recent shared link in Facebook brought memories of my young mommy life with Sophie, in our townhouse in Las PiƱas.


I remember that Saturday, I was 28, she was almost but not quite 1 year old, mommy waking up a little late than usual, she woke up ahead of mom, i saw my lipsticks broken and scattered all over the room, stains on the sheets, her sweet tiny round face like a palette of colours :)





***

I was fixing her stuff ... and found these 2 pairs ... torn and worn ... my little girl's old Mostacci ballet slippers.

She did ballet when she was little 5, 6, 7... the whole family had fun ... such beautiful memories at St. Paul's and Le Danz. Those little toes had their time. Tucked in safely, neatly now.



***

Then all of sudden ... I started cooking ..

(our) Princess enjoying tinola ... jusz too tired too smile after coming from poetry reading in school :). 30th July 2011



***

mySophie passing her UP and DLSU simulation exams :) ... workin on UST and The Ateneo ... way to go gurl!



***

... she finds me weird, and craZy, and all that. but i don't care ... this "weird, craZy, and all that mom" will always love Sophie Clarisse. I insist. :)




***

so tell me, who's your mommy??? :)



***

still our love song ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive