... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Gastronomically Orgasmic: Adobong Tisay ;-)


My very own.adobong tisay ... thanks to new-momma Roxei babeey for sharing her recipe  with me while onboard the MRT, enroute home last Thursday :-* 


Naubos ng anak ko, taob ang service plate hihi 



How I did this one:

Oh well, as I always say, cooking is a little mathematics to me, the hard part.  The soft part is, cooking being an art and witchcraft, to me.  I love drama in the kitchen.  The works and the perks.   I don't need to cook. I don't make it an obligation.  It's not statutory.   I cook because I want to ;-) ... I think that kinda makes it quirky ;-)

I'm poor at measurements  and estimates so I suggest, to readers of this blog, to use their own calculation and instinct :-)  

My best trick here is marinating the meat with vinegar, garlic,  pepper and salt, shower capped for an hour in the fridge.

When it's cooking time, the meat has sucked up all the spices and you can use all the marinated juice plus water and let boil the meat under medium heat.  Roxei said 5 minutes,  I'd say up to you ;-)

Once it's dried up or close to drying up (I didn't dry up mine).  Time for the potatoes and cooking oil.  Not much of  the cooking oil tho since pork meat has plenty of that already.  

When the meat is browny-ish, you can add some more garlic,  vinegar and the onion leaves. Cook in high heat and time to season/temper to your taste.

Tadah --- Adobong Tisay with all the kicks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive