... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Legend of the Vase

Beautification.
A vessel, for flowers.
Intentions. Function. Pretty yes!
Something so good to look at. But I didn’t need. So I quit,
(For some reason … what do you know .. there comes another Vase. Fuck … a Vase I did not want and ask for!)
… so this Vase,
Lemme talk about this Vase.
….
I kinda sorta …
Recognize about this Vase ...
A flaunting Vase!
A Vase everybody wanted.
(So he thought. )
Me … I said, why not?
Four years ago, I said ,,, let’s see about that.
Lemme gamble for that one single Vase.
So why not? You vase. Baby Vase. Let’s give it a chance.
I created a pedestal for that Vase.
I was falling in a twirl. I loved that Vase!
I waited for the Vase to make something of himself.
I waited and waited.
A non-living thing that cannot move.
Still I waited and longed for it ... lingered like a crazy fool...
Hoping that he can show the world (and me)
That he deserves the pedestal I created the for him.
Deserves my love ... deserves me
But the Vase … was fucking playing Useless!
He did not care
(not a bit!)
I left. He lost me.
So now ...
... while I so love, love, love, the Vase
I successfully put broken pieces of myself together
Beautiful pieces of me ... the Vase I initally wanted to realize
And appreciate.
But did not.
So now … here
I have re-arranged my life.
Everything in its rightful place.
My little dysfunctional, craZybeautiful life in order.
The altar still empty.
For no one can fill that void but him. (I have accepted that, I can live with that,too)
You (baby) Vase I so loved and adored
And I so still love,
A love he'll never know. A love he'll never understand.
My dear life is so pre-arranged now
This Vase I so loved …
Has no place in it, anymore
(But I do love the Vase … still.)
(and it is so ironic that there’s jusz no place for this Vase I so love,)
... no place at this point in my life.
I will always pick the best flowers
for this Vase.
(even when it's only in my mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive