... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

An Ode to Harlot (by AO)

There was an other woman who lived in a shoe,
the bigger the better, so we'll say its a boot.
She wore the finest of jewels, she bought them herself.
and nice fancy furs, shipped via cargo express.

One day she took a trip and ran across an old friend
but now she realized it was her old married man
His was belly was jolly, but he was no santie claus
and that once trimmed moustache now covered his mouth.

Good grief said the other woman, i didn't know it was you
your sexy smile now has a gold tooth.
You've lost those abs, and your arms are flab
you grip a can of beer when its was once tab.

He smiled crookedly and said boy you've changed.
hair once short is now a flowing mane.
your legs are gorgeous and your eyes glitter glow
and those bags under your eyes are not there any more.

the other woman giggle and smirked at his stupid comments
but graciously said thank you for the compliments
tell me please he said I'd like to know
how is it that you shine, sparkle and glow?


she said while waiting to see you in the wee bit hours
i pumped iron to feel agression and power
while waiting on your calls each and every day
i did more work and got a raise in pay


while pacing my house waiting for our next date
i stayed in and ate a home cooked plate
while eating your full servings of lie after lie
i had no room left for my favorite pie.


while hoping and praying that things would change
i had enough time to grow this mane.
as for my eyes my dear they always glittered
i had to learn to wash them and rid them of litter

when you didn't call or visit, or plan to see me
i went to the salon and had a facial of seaweed
beautiful i am and beautiful I will be
all because of you, and what you did to me.

the other woman almost had a tear come to her eye
but she fought it back because deep down inside
she loved the married man and always will
but she found she loved herself more, and her love was real.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive