... my other garden ;)

About Me

My photo
I'm not a graceful person. I'm not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2AM, I am gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. My bones crack on a nightly basis. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don't belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn't happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don't see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

あなたは私の心を悲嘆に陥れました

Going home alone as usual. When I put my key in the door and open it. I cling to a faint hope. That you’ll greet me with a “Welcome home”.

Afraid of getting hurt. I always averted my eyes and ran away. But every time I smell your scent in town. I unconsciously turn around.

If there were some invisible answer. Then it wouldn’t have gone away – your tender arms. And the night when you said “I love you” and softly kissed me on the cheek. And made a vow for eternity.

Together we painted drops of light. On a big canvas. And made lots of plans. None of them will happen now.

At some point I’ve gotten so busy. That I’ve stopped looking. At the night sky we used to look up at. Unable to reach it. I can’t stop crying.

If there were some invisible answer. Then it wouldn’t have gone away – the mornings I saw in with you. And those days when you said “I love you” and softly pulled me close. And made a vow for eternity.

I watched you leave then. Should I have yelled until I was hoarse and stopped you? There’s nothing but dark regrets. That keep swirling around. Ano toki miokutta senaka

If there were some invisible answer. Then it wouldn’t have gone away – the sun. I could see through the window. Warmed my trembling shoulders. I closed my eyes. And found an answer I hadn’t noticed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive